Disappointed by Documentation

Hello,

I’ve recently purchased Aspose Total.NET on the strength of your feature set, but I must say that I am extremely dissatisfied with your documentation.

For the first project I’m working on, I need to open a single page PDF, overlay some text and images, then save to a new PDF.

It seems to be possible to do this with PDF.Generator, PDF.Facades and PDF.Kit. Despite looking around and searching your site, I can find nothing which tells me what the difference is between these things - or, especially in the case of Facades, what it even is!

There seems to be plenty of reference material about the API - but without anything to give me a basic understanding of what component should be used for what task, this is all a little redundant!

If you could point me in the right direction, that would be very helpful - but it would be even more helpful if you were to update your frankly diabolical documentation!

- Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for using our products.

First of all please accept our humble apologies for the confusion and inconvenience.

Let me share some details regarding our documentation. Aspose.Pdf for .NET provides numerous namespaces where each namespace contains certain classes which enable you to create and manipulate existing PDF documents.

Aspose.Generator namespace contains classes which enable you to create and manipulate existing PDF documents. This namespace has recently been introduced since the release of version 6.0.0
Aspose.Pdf.Generator namespace provides the capabilities to create PDF documents from scratch. It contains classes that enable you to create PDF document through API, convert XML / XSL-FO files into PDF, convert an image file into PDF and even you can transform HTML into PDF format. While creating PDF document, you can add Table, Graph, Attachment, Annotations, Images etc objects into PDF document.

Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace provides the capabilities to manipulate existing PDF documents. We used to have a separate product named Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET but in recent versions, its been merged into Aspose.Pdf for .NET. So now you the option to manipulate existing PDF files using Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace.

For more information, please visit following links

Thanks for the response - I’ll read through the links you sent me.

So - is PDF.Kit now no longer supported? I’ve just moved my code over to use it!

PDF.Kit is still advertised on your website, and included in the Total download!?

(sorry - I’m still a bit confused!)

Thanks,
- Chris

Hi Chris,

Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET is available for download over website but its not available in purchase module. If you take a look over home page of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET, you will observe a note stating that product will be discontinued by the end of October2011. If you still have any query, please feel free to contact.