Distribution List in Distribution List

Hi,
Seems that creating a member in the distribution list that itself is distribution list, requires email address, but DL don’t have email address, so I’m getting exception : The email address can’t be null or empty.
Thanks

@slavago,

Could you please share such a contact for further investigation at our end? We couldn’t create one such using MS Outlook for testing in order to reproduce the same issue. We’ll look into the sample file you share with us for further investigation.

Actually there not much to share,
According to your code, enum MapiDistributionListEntryIdType and to exchange, there different member types in the DL:

1. MapiDistributionListEntryIdType.DistributionList
  2. MapiDistributionListEntryIdType.GalMailUser
  3. MapiDistributionListEntryIdType.OneOff
  4. MapiDistributionListEntryIdType.GalDistributionList
  5. MapiDistributionListEntryIdType.Contact

So, in the outlook, or Outlook WEB, you can create a DL and add to it another DL, this is common practice in exchange where you create DLs from “blocks” that actually another DLs, example, there team DL and project DL and Company DL that both have team DL inside, it reduce amount of work need to update each DL when new team member added or removed.
So, when I’m creating a MapiDistributionListMember, it’s requires email address as second parameter in constructor. But, DistributionList and GalDistributionList actually don’t have any email address. So, as workaround I can provide it’s name instead of email, but this need to be fixed.

Thanks

@slavago,

We are working on your requirements and will soon update you here with our findings. If there isn’t any other work around method available to achieve this, we’ll discuss this with Product team for possible implementation.

@slavago,

We have logged an investigation ticket under Id:EMAILNET-38848 to look into this requirement. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-38848) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by muhammadahmad