Dll & ISP

I am considering purchasing Aspose.Pdf for use on our website, but our ISP
charges for each file that has to be registered on the shared server.

Can you give me a list of all the DLL’s, or other files that have to be
registered to install Aspose.Pdf. In fact, a list of all the files that
have to be installed on the system might be easiest since it would make it
easier for my ISP to determine how much it will cost me.

Thanks and regards,
Bill

Dear Bill,

Thanks for your consideration.

To run Aspose.Pdf on an ISP server, you need the only one dll file: Aspose.Pdf.dll.

I’m curious why your ISP charges you per .Net dll.

In the old COM days, it’s reasonable to charge you per dll as each dll needs to be registered with the server before it can work.

However, in current .Net days, it’s not reasonable to charge you per dll as no dll needs to be registered with the server: Just copy the dll file there, everything is OK. This is .Net’s XCopy deployment policy.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Also you’re encouraged to post here further.

OK, that’s fine, but can I just get the .Pdf component to work by simply copying it up to my directory on the server?

I will NOT have access to the WinNT\System32 directory or any other system directories/privileges.

Dear Bill,

Yes you can do it like deploy a normal web application.

You don’t have to worry, since Aspose.Pdf.dll doesn’t use the WinNT\System32 directory or any other system directories/privileges. It’s asp.net friendly.

Please let me know if you have problems when deploying Aspose.Pdf.

I went to download the evaluation version but it is an MSI installer package.

Do I have to install this on my local development machine and then just copy the files up to the production shared server?

Thanks – sorry about all the questions.

Dear Bill,

Yes install the MSI on your local machine first.

You must have developed a Web app which uses Aspose.Pdf.dll and Aspose.Pdf.dll is located in your app’s Bin folder.

Then try to deploy your web app into your ISP’ s server, copy your aspx pages and the Bin folder there.

That’s all.

Does it help?