Doc Prop Field Update?

Hi,
I have a document that is using a field code to get the ‘Title’ document property. For some reason, I updatefields and this field does not update. I have updatefields just before the SAVE of the file. The field looks like:
{ Title \* MERGEFORMAT }
After the document has been created, F9 does update the field.
Are doc property fields supported? or is there any reason why this is not updating automatically?
Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for your inquiry.
Aspose.Words does update the DOCPROPERTY field. I think in your case it’s not working because the field is missing the field name, i.e is should be { DOCPROPERTY Title *MERGEFORMAT }.
If this does not help, could you please attach your template here for testing?
Thanks,

Hi,
Excellent!!! Problem Resolved!! (I used the wrong title).
Regards, Bruce

Hi,
Here is another field code for a TOC that I’ve found that is not behaving properly. Some of the TOC entries are right justified rather than on the left.
Is this valid for a TOC field code?
{ HYPERLINK \l "_Toc243284435" }
It’s mostly working so I cannot quite explain it.
Any thoughts or pointers appreciated!!
Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your request. Yes, this is valid code for TOC entry. Could you please attach your document here for testing? I will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hi,
I’ve attached a few files that show the results of using the TOC. (an example document but a real customer .DOT file.)
The file is generated by reading the .DOT file and replacing each of the bookmarks with requested data. (I think this is the first HYPERLINK toc I’ve seen used).
I’ve provided PDF and Word outputs. I’ll be glad to try variations and return results.
Any thoughts or pointers you can provide would be appreciated!!
Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your request. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. The problem occurs because there are tabs in TOC items. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
As a temporary workaround, you can use the approach suggested in the following thread:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/56149
Hope this helps.
Best regards,

Hi,
Thank you very much!!!
I will investigate where these TABs are coming from.
Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your request. Tabs are coming from list items. There is tab between list item label and list item text. As a workaround you can change tab to whitespace as suggested in the thread I mentioned.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 17406) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(9)