Doc.save to pdf, font getting ignored

Hi, I am trying to save a word (docx) to pdf after the relevant formfields and bookmarks have been generated. When the output is set to docx the correct font is used.

However when the output is set to pdf the correct font is no longer used.

Document doc = new Document();
doc = new Document("wwwroot/Documents/Example.docx");
doc.Styles[StyleIdentifier.Normal].Font.Style.Name = "Montserrat";
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);

That is how the template is first loaded, you can see I have set the doc.styles to the font I wish to use.
Then when outputting it looks like this

var outputStream = new MemoryStream();
if (wordOutput)
{
    doc.Save(outputStream, SaveFormat.Docx);
    outputStream.Position = 0;
    result = File(outputStream, System.Net.Mime.MediaTypeNames.Application.Rtf, Number + "_Report_" + Guid.NewGuid().ToString().Replace("-", "") + ".docx");
}
else
{
    Aspose.Words.Saving.SaveOptions options = Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions.CreateSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Pdf);
    options.UpdateFields = true;
    doc.Save(outputStream, options);
    outputStream.Position = 0;
    result = File(outputStream, System.Net.Mime.MediaTypeNames.Application.Pdf, Number + "_Report_" + Guid.NewGuid().ToString().Replace("-", "") + ".pdf");
}

Can you see why the font might be getting ignored when outputting as PDF?
would it be caused by the font not being available on the server etc if so is there a way I can reference it in the template code to avoid having to install it on the server?

Thanks

@josephallison You are absolutely right, the problem might occur because the fonts used in your input document are not available on the machine where document is converted to PDF. The fonts are required to render document. If Aspose.Words cannot find the font used in the document, the font is substituted. This might lead into fonts mismatch and document layout differences due to the different fonts metrics. You can implement IWarningCallback to get notifications when font substitution is performed.
Please see our documentation to learn where Aspose.Words looks for fonts:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/specifying-truetype-fonts-location/

Alternatively, you can embed the required fonts into the template. If the template will be edited, it is required to embed full fonts. Please note, this might significantly increase size of the template document.