Doc to PDF conversion issue with Japanese character using C#

Hi,
We’re using Aspose.Words. 11.00
We’re using a word document as template and from it creating word\pdf document with more data inserted using MailMerge.

If our data contains east Asian language (Japanese, Korean), the east Asian characters in the PDF document are corrupted and appear as squares.
Everything seems OK with the language on the machine. We’re using Font Arial and it works good when saving a Word document.
I’ve attached a sample pdf with korean characters.
Please assist with the issue.
Thanks
David

Hi David,

Thanks for your query. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 11.1.0. If you still face problem, please share your doc file for investigation purpose.

Hi,
We’ve tried upgrading to Aspose.Words.11.1.0 but that did not solve the problem.
I’ve attached the template document and the result word and pdf documents.
Notice that in word everything is working well.
Thanks
David.

Hi David,

Thanks for your inquiry.

With Aspose.Words v11.1.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v11.1.0. Moreover, could you please double check if you are using the latest version (11.1.0)? You can dynamically check if you’re referencing the correct DLL by using the following code snippet:

System.Reflection.Assembly[] assemblies = AppDomain.CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies();
foreach(System.Reflection.Assembly assembly in assemblies)
{
    System.Reflection.AssemblyName assemblyName = assembly.GetName();
    if (assemblyName.Name.Contains("Aspose.Words"))
        Console.WriteLine("Aspose.Words Version Number: " + assemblyName.Version.ToString());
}

Also, I have attached the output PDF file, i.e. generated on my side, here for your reference.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
We’ve verified that we’re using Aspose.Words v11.1.0.
It keeps reproducing to us on a WinXP machine.
It doesn’t happen to us on a Win7-64bit machine.
Please advise,
Thanks,
David

Hi David,

I have
managed to reproduce the same problem at my end. I have logged this
issue in our issue tracking system and you will be notified via this
forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi David,

Thank you for additional information. The problem might occur because different versions of fonts are installed on WinXp and Win7 machines. As a temporary workaround, you can simply install newer versions of fonts on your WinXp machine.

Best regards,

Hi,
I don’t quite understand what you mean by installing newer versions of fonts. Do you mean to copy the Arial fonts from the Win7 machine to the WinXP Machine?
Thanks
David

Hi David,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, you can first take backup of the old font in WinXP and then delete it from Fonts folder. Afterwards, please copy newer version of Arial font from Win7 machine and paste in WinXP folder.

I hope, this will help.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Although we have a workaround we wanted to know when are you going to fix this issue?

Thanks
David

Hi David,

Thanks for your request. This issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. I have requested the development team to share the ETA. As soon as any information is shared by them, I will be more than happy to share that with you. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6062) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.