Doc to PDF conversion issue

Hi ,

We are trying out your Aspose.Word.

Our requirement is to convert Word documents to pdf files.

We are interested to buy your product if it is useful to our requirement. We observe the layout of the output pdf is not exactly same as the input word document. The original word documents print screens and the actual pdf file geneated are attached for your reference.

The steps adopted to test the product is:

1. Aspose.Words.msi was downloaded from your site.

2. Intalled the same into one of our computer.

3. Changed Document doc = new Document(System.IO.Path.Combine(DocPath, @“xxx.doc”)); in StampAndWatermarkDemo.cs

4. Executed the application to output the pdf format.

Please confrim whether the testing procedure is correct? Any other alternatives or parameters required to be set to get the exact pdf output from a Word document.

Note to Aspose members: Please redirect the mail to right persons if required.

Regards,

Manik

This message was posted using Email2Forum by alexey.noskov. (attachment)

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your Word document here for testing? I will check the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Viktor,

Trust this email finds you well.

We got your contact details from a forum on your website and thought you might be able to help us.

Just to clarify – there were 3 notable differences between our input word document and output pdf file.

1. Page 1 – the text was missing

2. Page 2 – the border is different.

One other difference which we have seen in another test file was that if our word file has an image, the resulting pdf does not display that image.

Would I be able to contact you directly tomorrow to discuss? I’m based in Singapore (4 hours ahead of NZ).

Cheers,

Joy

This message was posted using Email2Forum by alexey.noskov. (attachment)

Hi Joy and Manik,

Thanks for your request. Please attach your source Word documents here for testing. I will check the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I have received your e-mail with documents. Most of problems occurs because you built whole your document using floating boxes and shapes. Here are problems I found after converting the document to PDF:

1. There are linked textboxes. Currently, Aspose.Words does not support linked textboxes. I linked your request to the appropriate issue.

2. Text Wrapping is not supported during converting to PDF. Only Inline with Text, Above Text and Below Text are supported at the moment. All other wrapping will be supported later.

3. Problem with rounded corner on the second page, I managed to reproduce it.

You will be notified as soon as these problems are resolved. As a workaround, you can try refactoring your document. If this is acceptable for you, I can help you to change your document.

Best regards.

Hello, Joy.

Could you please check the problem PDF with the latest version of Adobe Reader?
For example Adobe Reader 9.2.0 shows this rectangle perfectly on my system.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10245) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

We are happy to tell you that a very cool and important feature (filed as 7180) is included in the new version of Aspose.Words. Text wrapping around images and shapes when rendering Microsoft Word documents to PDF, XPS and printing is now supported. You can download the latest version from here.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(5)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-616) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

(45)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5649) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

(4)