Doc to Pdf File conversion - Bullet (solid circle) converted to (square)

Hi Team,
When tried to convert a .doc file to .PDF file, The bulletine (round) is getting converted to ▢ (Square). Kindly do the needful and rectify the issue ASAP.

@Varshini_Sudhakar most likely, font used for bullets is substituted by Aspose.Words because it cannot find the required font.
Please check this post, the solution should also apply to your case.

Hey @eduardo.canal is there any specific font that is getting substituted? Mine is Windows OS

@Varshini_Sudhakar you can check for font substitution using an implementation of IWarningCallback interface:

Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\input.docx");
// Set this property after load the document.
doc.WarningCallback = new IssueCallBack();
public class IssueCallBack : IWarningCallback
{
    public void Warning(WarningInfo info)
    {
        Console.WriteLine(info.Description);
    }
}

If you attach the current input and output files I will be able to provide further support.

Hi I have attached the issue causing file and the output of the same in zip folder.
BulletConversionIssue.zip (22.1 KB)

1 Like

@Varshini_Sudhakar
I was able to reproduce your problem.
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-25142

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hey @eduardo.canal Thanks for the updates, Is there a way to track this Ticket. Is there any sort of rough estimates on when I can expect a fix for this issue.

@Varshini_Sudhakar You can track the issue status in this forum. You can see the issue status on the bottom of the topic.
Unfortunately, at the moment we cannot provide you any estimates, since the issue currently is in the queue for analysis. Once analysis is done we will be able to provide you more information.

1 Like

Hey @alexey.noskov, @eduardo.canal Any updates on this Issue, Its been a while it is in “In-Analysis” status.

@Varshini_Sudhakar Unfortunately, there are no news regarding the issue. The issue is been in analysis so long because different modules of Aspose.Words are involved. We will be sure to keep you posted and let you know once the issue is resolved or we have more information for you.

Hey @alexey.noskov Can I know the status of this ticket, It seems to be in closed status? Can I have an update on this ?

@Varshini_Sudhakar The issue is already resolved in the current codebase. The fix will be included into the 23.6 (June 2023) version of Aspose.Words. We will be sure to let you know once it is released.

@alexey.noskov Thanks for the update!

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-25142) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.6 update also available on NuGet.