Doc with multiple paragraph columns to pdf

Hello, I am having an issue converting a Word doc that has 2 paragraph columns ( much like a magazine layout) to pdf. We are using Words 4.1.1.0 to merge an xml data source into a word doc. We then convert the word doc to pdf using PDF 3.6.2.0. The problem is when the Word Doc is converted to pdf if does not keep the column layout, it changes everything into one column and seems to page break after each paragraph so a two page word doc becomes a 59 page pdf. Is there something we can do to force the layout to match the word doc…I’ve seen some samples that involve using sections but nothing seems to work

Thanks Kerry

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words (9.4.0) and let me know how it goes on your side. If updating to the latest version does not help, could you please attach your input document here. I will check the problem on my side and provide you more information.
Please try using the latest version and the following code:

Document doc = new Document("in.doc");
doc.Save("out.pdf");

You can download the latest version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Best regards,

Hello , I have tried the ASPOSE.WORDS libaray and seems to solve our problem with multiple columns. Looks like I do not need ASPOSE.PDF anymore to convert word documents to PDF, previously I had to create an xml stream of the word document and pass to Aspose.Pdf.
Can you tell me if Word Forms fields (Textboxes, Checkboxes) can be exported to PDF as editable form fields so the user can add data to the resulting pdf document. In our current version this was not supported however in order to ensure our form fields were exported we had to set pdf property PdfExportFormFieldsAsText = false.
Thank You

Hi Kerry,
Thanks for your inquiry.
Yes it is possible to retain the form fields as editable text using Aspose.Words. You can specify the property PreserveFormFields in the PdfSaveOptions class to preserve form fields when rendering to PDF.
Unfortunately there has been a bit of a bug with this in the latest version which causes non check box fields to not be editable. We are working to fix this right now and the fix will be released in the next version. For now this functionality is working properly in the 9.2 version.
Thanks,

Hello, we have switched to Words 9.4 in order to merge our data with MSWord then output to PDF. However we find one issue so far, the checkbox formfields appear as dark ‘circles’ when rendered in PDF. When the value is ‘checked’ the checkbox appears as a ‘asterisk’ similar to the shape of a snowflake and NOT as a checkmark. Is there a way to force the MSWord checkboxes to appear as checkboxes when saved as a PDF.
Thanks Kerry

Hi Kerry,
Thanks for your inquiry.
Please ensure you have the Wingdings2 font installed on your system. I have attached this font to my post. If this does not solve the issue could you please attach your input and output documents here for testing.
Thanks,

Thank you, once I installed this font on the webserver it worked perfectly.
Kerry

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 20104) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.