Document.Compare generates incorrect revisions for bullet lists using .NET

@tahir.manzoor

Posting this new topic in relation to this post.

Two Bullet points are coming for the lists inside a paragraph, when merging two words documents, using the doc.compare(doc1) api.

First I was converting original doc to html → editing the html in the html editor and saving it → and then converting this html into docx again → and finally comparing the original doc with this docx file.

So if I keep ignoreFormatting to true as shown below this issue appears. But this issue doesn’t appear if i dont set this ignoreFormatting property, which means by default it will be set to false.

Please suggest any workaround to eliminate this issue. This is coming only at the final compare and merge - “docB.compare(docA, “user”, new Date(), options);”.

Few Observations, why this issue is happening:-

1. while converting from doc to html in the first place, some extra space gets added between the bullet point and starting character of the sentence in that line.

Attached the result.docx - which is a faulty output docx that is getting produced.result.zip (287.2 KB)

Document docB = new Document(“D:/original.doc”);
docB.acceptAllRevisions();
docB.save(“D:/Abc_converted.html”, SaveFormat.HTML); // Save the document in HTML format.
}

Document doc = new Document(“D:/Abc_converted.html”);
doc.save(“D:/updated.docx”, SaveFormat.DOCX);

Document docB = new Document("D:/original.docx");
	Document docA = new Document("D:/updated.docx");
	docA.acceptAllRevisions();

docB.acceptAllRevisions();
	CompareOptions options = new CompareOptions();
	options.setIgnoreFormatting(true);
	options.setTarget(ComparisonTargetType.CURRENT);
	docB.compare(docA, "user", new Date(), options);

docB.save("D:/result.docx",SaveFormat.DOCX);

Please suggest if there is any workaround can be done through aspose word java api…

@adutta

Could you please share the modified HTML along with screenshot of problematic sections of output document? We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

@tahir.manzoor

Please find the required documents attached with this mail, for the investigation of this issue.
sample_docs.zip (319.5 KB)
problematic area.JPG (46.4 KB)

problematic area2.JPG (36.0 KB)

Please do let me know, if there is any workaround available through aspose word api or not.

@adutta

We are working over your query and will get back to you soon.

@adutta

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-19972. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-19972) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.7 update.