Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Document Conversion

Is it possible to use Aspose.Words, Aspose.Slides and Aspose.PDF to convert documents between their respective formats?

eg: .docx to .pdf or .pptx to .docx

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am representative from Aspose.Words team.

You can load the following file formats into Aspose.Words DOM (Document Object Model):
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/LoadFormat

Once your file is loaded into Aspose.Words’ DOM, you can easily render your file to PDF format by using the following code snippet:

<span style=“font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:“Courier New”;color:#2B91AF;mso-no-proof:yes”>Document<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Courier New”;mso-no-proof:yes”> doc = new Document(“in.docx”);<o:p></o:p>

doc.save("out.pdf");

The Aspose.Words supports the following save formats:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/SaveFormat

I am moving this thread to Aspose.Total forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Pdf teams will reply you shortly.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m representative of Aspose.Pdf. Currently, our Aspose.Pdf for .Net API can convert Pdf document to Doc. However, we have an auto ported version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET to Java platform in pipeline, which will support/provide all the features as currently offered by Aspose.Pdf for .NET and it will also offer Pdf to Doc conversions.

The product is not yet released, it’s testing and documentation is underway. Once the new Auto-ported version of Aspose.Pdf for Java becomes available you can easily achieve your requirements in java also. Please check following link for the feature details and sample code snippet.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi Alex,

I am representing Aspose.Slides.

You can export the presentation to PDF. Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference. Please share with us if I may help you any further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Alex,

I also like to add that the support for converting PDF or docx file to PPTX presentation or PPTX to docx format is not available in Aspose.Slides. The only available option available at the moment in Aspose.Slides is to export to PDF format.

Many Thanks,
tilal.ahmad:
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry. I'm representative of Aspose.Pdf. Currently, our Aspose.Pdf for .Net API can convert Pdf document to Doc. However, we have an auto ported version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET to Java platform in pipeline, which will support/provide all the features as currently offered by Aspose.Pdf for .NET and it will also offer Pdf to Doc conversions.

The product is not yet released, it's testing and documentation is underway. Once the new Auto-ported version of Aspose.Pdf for Java becomes available you can easily achieve your requirements in java also. Please check following link for the feature details and sample code snippet.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Do you have an ETA on when this will be available?
Mudassir:
Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference.

Hello Mudassir,

Could you please provide a link? Thank you

Hi Alex,

Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference and share with us if any further help is needed in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry, Currently, we are testing alpha build of Aspose.Pdf for Java, auto-ported version. Hopefully we will be able to release it’s beta version in start of second quarter 2013, if every thing goes fine as expected.

Best Regards,

I recovered an html file but the file is damaged/corrupted I could not read the contents. What can I do? Can it be converted to other documents so that I can read the contents?

Hi there,

Please accept my apologies for late response.

Could you please attach your html here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.