Document Converters in SharePoint - Deploy a Document Converter to MOSS - Problem

As eplained in the “Live Chat” I want to extend file converters in Sharepoint, but I’m having a problem running the command from the cmd prompt as requested in your example.

I havce followed your example as described in your technical document. Here is the link to document:

Please find attached the error that I’m receiving and also the .exe files as requested.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Richard Kay

Jersey Trust Company

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Please check the following link.

http://blogs.msdn.com/mattlind/archive/2007/06/01/feature-definition-files-must-be-named-feature-xml.aspx

I think there was the same problem.

Best regards.

Hi

Many thanks for your response.

I actually found the problem and it was because I hadn’t created the “Elements.xml” file. Everything installed correctly and I could see the “word to pdf” converter in SharePoint.

However, I have now encountered another problem in that when I try and convert a file I recieve the following message via SharePoint email: “The file kayrm090908-4213.doc could not be converted because of an error in the document converter.”.

I cannot debug the application so I do not know where the problem exists!!

Regards

Richard Kay

Hello!

Thank you for your inquiry. Please attach here the source document. We’ll try converting on our side.

Regards,

Hi!

We are delighted to announce the availability of Aspose.Words for SharePoint, which is our latest addition to the Aspose.Words product family.

This release, Aspose.Words for SharePoint 1.0 makes high quality document conversions for DOC/DOCX/ODT/RTF/PDF/XPS and others easily accessible to SharePoint users.

Please find more details in our Documentation area.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(5)