Document Flatten Page Limit

Hi.

We’re implementing a flatten feature for PDF documents with annotations on them.

Currently, we are able to successfully flatten documents with 50 pages or less. However, when flattening documents that have 51 pages and above, the PDF document comes out with all its annotations still present and unflattened.

Aspose does not throw any exception as well so I cannot investigate further. Below is the code snippet we use for flattening documents:

Document asposeDocument = new Document(stream);

asposeDocument.Flatten();

asposeDocument.Save(stream);

Is 50 a hard limit for the number of pages for documents to be flattened?

I also attached the documents we used for flattening. One has 50 pages and the other 51 pages.

We are using Aspose.PDF 11.8.0.0.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested your scenario with shared documents using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 12.0.0 and managed to observe the reported issue. For further investigation, I have logged an issue in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-41452 and also linked your request to it. We will keep you updated via this thread regarding the issue status.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We’re experiencing the same problem with version 20.9. I could not locate ticket PDFNET-41452 on the paid support portal. Has this issue been resolved?

@jason.denney

The ticket is not yet resolved and you are not seeing it on paid support forum because it was not reported there. Would you please make sure to try with 23.11 version and let us know if you are still facing this issue?

Updating to Aspose.PDF.23.11.1 resolved the issue. Thank you.

@jason.denney

Its nice to know that the latest version resolved the issue. Please feel free to create a new topic in case you face any issues.