Document garbeled after mail merge

Hi

One of our customers produced a template which works fine when mail merged by Word and looks garbeled when the mail merge is performed by Aspose.Words. The header (adress information and stuff) of the next record is appended directly below the last line of the previous record. I cannot figure out what causes this problem.
I noted however that Word seems to use another type of section break. I only can back-translate from the German name as displayed by Word:
When using Word, the section break is called something like “Section break (Page)”, when using Aspose.Words, it’s called something like “Section break (Continous)”. (Instead of continous, it might actually be called running, successive or consecutive; the German word is “fortlaufend”).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your request. Aspose.Words uses the same section break as used in the first section of your template. Please see the following link for more information:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/mail-merge-and-reporting/
In your document the first section has “Continuous” section start.
Hope this helps.
Best regards.

Thanks for that info, it solved the problem.

(Had a hard time finding that nifty little dialog in Word 2007, though. Turns out you have to click that small (as in tiny) little arrow-thingy to the right of the corresponding section in that ribbon toolbar.)