Document lock problems

I’m using aspose to gereting word document in the erp of our company, the template we use have almost text parts lock by the auditory dep., but the fields where is fill by the system is unlock for later modifications, but after it pass by aspose, it loses the unlock proprieter and gets lock as all other document parts.
I tried use the ‘ALLOW_ONLY_FORM_FIELDS’ method, but it does’t makes the fields i use gets uncloked.
I’m using the Word 2007 to generate the templates, and the mergefields to use as the placeholder for the field.
I do need you answer me as fast as possible, cause this is causing a big trouble for some departaments here.
If need and possible call me on 55 11 7673-8171.
Thanks.

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input and output documents here for testing? I will investigate the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hi, I can’t send a model, cause it’s from our company, and it’s confidential, but you can test by yourself, make a template where you put some text around, and fill placeholdes using the field ‘mergefield’ from microsoft word 2007, lock the document, allowing only the placeholdes be unlock for further edition, then make aspose use this template to fill the place holdes with any variable you want, and after the word document pass by the aspose, it will lock all placeholdes, so won’t be able to format or ajust the values inputed in the placeholders.

Pls try make this test, and let me know asap, i really need a solution for this.
Thansk.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I cannot reproduce the problem on my side using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java (4.0.2). You can download this version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/java
Please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java, and let me know how it goes on your side.
I use the following code:

Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\in.docx");
doc.getMailMerge().execute(new String[] { "MyField" }, new Object[] { "NewFieldValue" });
doc.save("C:\\Temp\\out.docx");

The input and the output documents are attached.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

What i need it’s exactly the oposite you did, i mean, let the mergefields unlocked and the text around locked, that’s my problem, i unlocked the mergefields, so they keep unlocked even after aspose fill them with data, but after pass by aspose, this fields get lost the information to be unlocked, and get locked.

I make a test even with the latest version, and i had the same problem, i guess it’s a bug, the aspose should see the document it’s locked, then locked everything else, and don’t keep the few parts unlocked for edition and formating as definied in the word doc template.

Pls try again, and check if there is any way to resolve this problem, without making a bug fix, which should delay a little bit.

Pls let me know your answer asap.
Thanks.

Hi there,
Thanks for this additonal information.
To my knowledge there is no special protection option for allowing editing of merge fields only. The closest thing to that is what Andrey suggested in his documents with allowing editing of form fields only. Are you prehapes using protection with exceptions for certain sections which contains the merge fields? I have tried loading and saving a protected document using this sort of protection and the saved product is still protected correctly.
Also if you could create a small test document that shows the sort of protection used in your documents, it would be helpful.
Thanks,

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. It seems what you are talking about is called editable ranges in MS Word. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support editable regions yet. I linked your request to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey,
Yes, that’s my point, in need allow few parts in the word template to be editable after pass by aspose, but there are parts which will be filled with the aspose, and other that won’t be, just need be opened to be editable later.
But the big problem is, aspose lock down the whole document, even I had set this few parts unlocked, that’s what i need to know why is happening and how resolve this problem.
Pls help me out on this, i need a fast solution.
Thanks.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. We will be sure to inform you of any developments regarding this feature, but currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate.
Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

I know you should have a lot of issues to reported that are in a queue to be solve, but this it’s really a critical issue, we’re using Aspose in big Dutch Bank, worldwide known, and we need this feature to auditing measures, that’s why the document need to be blocked, with only the few parts of the document opened, which is the same that will be fiilled by aspose, so the user can change if needed.

So, i really ask to you pass this to your bug team, to try resolve as quickly as possible, even because after this resolve, we will buy much more licenses to use in the other offices of this bank.

Pls try make this happens, i really need this work out.

Thanks a lot!!

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I think, in your case you can use formfields and AllowOnlyFormFields protection type. In this case end user will be able to insert data only into formfields. Please follow the link to learn more about formfields:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/working-with-form-fields/
Hope such approach will satisfy your needs. Please let me know if you need more information, I will be glad to help you.
Best regards,

Hi Alexay,
I wonder to know if the problem was fixed?
Pls let me know, or otherway, how can i ask for reimbursement for the license we paid for the Aspose.
Thanks.

Hi
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words still does not support protection of selected ranges.
For now, you can try using the approach suggested by Alexey.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1067) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(30)