Document properties

I downloaded a trial version of Aspose.Words. I have created code to set the built in document properties of a word document. I am not receiving any errors, but my properties are not saved. I followed the example that was given in the programmer’s guide.

Can someone help?

Also, will Aspose.Word work without issue on .NET 3.5?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words.I tested BuiltInDocumentProperties and all works fine.I think that you forgot to update fields in your document(Ctrl + A and then press F9).

You can also update fields programmatically using UpdateFields method. But note that at the moment Aspose.Words updates the results of DOCPROPERTY and DOCVARIABLE fields only.

Best regards

Should the following work correctly?

Document document = new Document(newFileName);

document.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Author = “AuthorName”;

document.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Company = “Company”;

document.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Keywords = “Keywords”;

document.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Title = “Title”;

document.UpdateFields();

It’s not working for me.

Thanks

Hi

Yes this should work correctly. Could you please attach your document for testing? Also please explain what you mean when say this does not work.

Open your document using MS Word, click File menu select Properties and then select Summary tab. You should see data you inserted into the build in document properties.

If your document contains AUTHOR, TITLE etc fields, Aspose.Words will not update these fields. You should use DOCPROPERTY fields. Like the following.

{ DOCPROPERTY Author \* MERGEFORMAT }

Also Aspose.Words will work without issues on .NET 3.5.

Best regards.