Document Protection

Hi,

I am trying to protect a section of the document with read only option. This works well if I give it ProtectionType.ALLOW_ONLY_FORM_FIELDS but if it is given as ProtectionType.READ_ONLY it doesnt work.

Please suggest for the same. Find attached document with the example.

Also in Ms Word while protecting a document we can have formatting restrictions, editing restrictions and exceptions. Is this supported by Aspose.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tarul

Hi Tarul,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, there is no way to protect a particular section with ReadOnly protection type using Aspose.Words. Also, there is no way to protect a selected range using Aspose.Words. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as protection of selected ranges is supported.
Best regards,

Hello Alexy,
I would like to be notified also when the support for unprotecting selected ranges is added to Aspose.Words.
Can you make that happen or is there something I need to do?
Thank You,
Randy

Hello Randy,

Thanks for your request. You will be notified as soon as it is supported through a post in this thread.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1067) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(39)