Document.Save converts borderless Frame to textbox with default border

Hello,
I’m currently working with Aspose.Words (.NET) version 9.6.0 for generating documents/reports. I’ve discovered something interesting in regards to the Footer of the generated document.
The original template-document (see “Before.dotx” file listed within the enclosed ZIP-file) contains a Footer in which a frame has been placed containing a PageNumber field. The text wrapping of the frame has been set to “Around” and its position to “right”, in order to align the frame to the right side of the Footer.
After initializing the previously mentioned template as an Aspose.Words.Document object (via “_objAsposeWordsDoc = New Aspose.Words.Document(strSourcePath)”) and saving the object as a Word document (via “_objAsposeWordsDoc.Save(IO.Path.Combine(strDestinationPath, strDestinationFilename & “.doc”), Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Doc)”), the frame listed within the Footer has been converted to a Textbox. Also, the textbox suddenly has a default border and the textbox options “Word wrap text in AutoShape” & “Resize AutoShape to fit text” have been set to true. Due to this, it appears that a vertical line has been added to the left of the Page Number (see “After (Generated with Aspose.Words.Document.Save).doc” file listed within the enclosed ZIP-file).
I would’ve expected that when saving the document, the frame (listed within the original template) would remain intact, rather then being converted to a textbox?
With kind regards,
Tom Pouwelse
Software Engineer Infoland BV

Hello

Thanks for your request. I cannot reproduce the problem on my side using the latest version of Aspose.Words (10.0.0) for testing.
You can download the latest version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Best regards,

Hello Andrey,
Sorry for the delay.
I’ve been testing the issue regarding frames being converted to textboxes when saving the document with Aspose.Words, however this time i was using Aspose.Words 10.0.0. Unfortunately, i’ve been able to reproduce the same issue as mentioned within my previous post.
I’ve enclosed a simple webapplication with which i was able to reproduce the issue in question. The webapplication opens a Word Template (dotx) via “Dim objAsposeWordsDoc = New Aspose.Words.Document(strSourceFilePath)”, saves it into a DOC and a DOCX document via “objAsposeWordsDoc.Save(strDestinationFilePath, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat)” and presents 2 hyperlinks refering to the documents in question.
While i was creating this particular webapplication, i discovered that the problem occurs when using either the “objAsposeWordsDoc.UpdateFields()” or the “objAsposeWordsDoc.UpdatePageLayout()” within the application, prior to saving the document. If i were to remove both of the previously mentioned procedures, the frame listed within the original word template remains intact after saving the document as a DOC or DOCX document.
I’ve also added a few screenshots to give you a general idea of what i’m seeing here.
Hopefully you will be able to reproduce the issue in question with the webapplication i’ve enclosed with this message.
With kind regards,
Tom Pouwelse

Hello Tom,
Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. During UpdateFields/UpdatePageLayout all frames are converted to TextBoxes. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.
As a workaround you can try avoiding calling UpdateFields/UpdatePageLayout, or do not use a frame in your document.
Best regards,

We are also having the same problem and are waiting for a solution. Any idea when this will be available?

Hello
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I cannot give you any estimate at the moment. Our developers will analyze the issue and then we will be able to provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hello Andrey,
Would it be possible to give verification if the matter could be resolved within the next few weeks or perhaps an indication in which version it might be released?
We are planning to release an update for our software within the next 3 weeks and we would really like to resolve the issue within this particular release.
With kind regards,
Tom Pouwelse

Hello
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, currently there is no estimate for this issue. So I cannot promise you anything regarding it. We will be sure to inform you of any progress regarding this issue.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4191) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(7)