Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Document.updateFields() results in Error! Unknown document property name for particular fields

A different system generated the attached doc. We use Aspose to update the fields that show property values.


We have reprodcued this using the following code:
Document doc = new Document(input);
doc.updateFields();
doc.save(output);

Particular fields will return an error: Error! Unknown document property name for particular fields ; others get updated. The input file is usable and openable.

What is causing this?

regards, Mark

Hi Mark,


Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as WORDSNET-7928 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your patience.

Our development team has completed the work on your issue (WORDSNET-7928) and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behaviour you're observing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we've closed this issue as 'Not a Bug'. This is because your document contains several custom properties and the name of one of properties in the CustomDocumentProperties collection is 'dsm_status\0' which should be 'dsm_status'. Therefore to remove this anomaly from your problematic document open this document with Microsoft Word and just re-save without any changes then the issue will disappear.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,