We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Document.UpdatePageLayout throws System.InvalidCastException

@tahir.manzoor Where can I find out if the bug you mentioned in this thread has already been fixed and in which version?
We are observing this bug in our Java-based law firm software, where the Aspose “words” product is used to create PDF documents or preview images from Word documents.
In a recent example, I can reproduce the error by simply inserting a comma in a sentence.

Thanks,
Roland

@rsteber

The issue WORDSNET-18275 has been linked with this thread. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Could you please ZIP and attach your input Word document and code example that you are using to reproduce your issue at our end? We will investigate your issue and provide you more information on it.

@tahir.manzoor
Thank you for your message.

Attached, you will find a word document to reproduce the error.

Unfortunately, since I am not the developer of the software, I cannot provide you with the source code that uses the Aspose library.

TestDocumentAspose.zip (20.4 KB)

The law form software is currently using the Aspose Words library “aspose-words-15.4.0-jdk16”.

Thanks,
Roland

@rsteber

We have tested the scenario using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 21.2 and have not found the shared issue. So, please use Aspose.Words for Java 21.2.0.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-18275) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.6 update.