We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Document Variables (Error! No document variable supplied)

Hello;

I recently upgraded my Aspose.Words.dll version from 6.2.0.0 to 6.3.0.0 and started to get an error when calling Update Field on a document variable in a Word Document.

Using the Aspose.Words.dll, I create a Word Document containing document variables. I saved this document with all the correct values entered. I then re-open it with it still containing the correct values, but as soon as I try to Update the Fields, I get the following entered in every one of my document variables: "Error! No document variable supplied."

This only started to happen after I upgraded to the newer version and if I rollback to version 6.2 it is no longer reproducible.

NOTE: It still does not work in 6.5.0.0.

I want to use the new feature but can’t because of this new issue!

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your document here for testing? I will check the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards.

Please see attached template.

In the template, I create document variables and set their values to a single space.

When the document is open by ASPOSE, the variables are updated with their proper values and fields are refreshed / updated.

As of ASPOSE version 6.3 this has stopped working.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards.

Has there been any progress on this issue. I cannot move forward to any new version without this resolved. I’ve tried the latest version and it’s still not fixed.

I paid my annual subscription and we’re getting close to a year where this issue is open. This is critical to me and I cannot move forward with this product if it’s not resolved.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved and currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

Best regards,

Hello AndreyN;

I’m looking for an update on this issue that is preventing me from using a newer version of ASPOSE.Word. The issue was introduced in version 6.3.0.0. I am stuck using 6.2.0.0 and cannot go further with this product. I pay my annual subscription, what else do I have to do?

This message was posted using Email2Forum by AndreyN.

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. It seems this problem does not occur with the latest version of Aspose.Words 9.0.0. Could you please try using the latest version and let me know how it goes on your side?

The latest version you can download here:

https://downloads.aspose.com/words/net

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 9527) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hello;

I’m sorry, but the issue is still there using ASPOSE.Words.dll v10.3. I can reproduce the issue using the attached document when saving using .doc format. Some variables end up getting saved, others are cleared entirely. Whatver is going wrong happens when “saving” because I can “read” the variables after I set them… Also the issue does not occur when saving as .docx, but unfortunately, the document then fails to open.

Hello

Thanks for your request. This issue was closed as non-reproducible, but I have checked with the latest version and it seems this problem occurs again. I reopened this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed. Sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi

I tried testing the scenario with latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 10.5.0 and the problem seems to be fixed. I have accessed the source file with Document object, called UpdateFields() method and have tried saving it in DOC and DOCX formats. In both cases, the output files seem to have correct values. My understanding is that when you call update Field on individual fields of DocVariableError.doc inside MS Word, you get the same results as generated with Aspose.Words. See attachments. I hope it will help.

Hi

Moeen, thanks for your research. But the issue is still reproducible with the latest version. You should update field in MS Word after open/save the document with Aspose.Words to reproduce the problem.

Nectar, We will investigate the issue more carefully and provide you more information. I apologize for inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5400) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(4)