Document Versions query

Hi,

I just have a couple of question with regards to document versions in the .doc documents.

I understand you can get the number of versions using VersionsCount, but is there a way to access the versions themselves? Specifically, can we delete the old versions?

Also, what happens when I load a .doc that has versions and I then save the document. Do the versions get cleared?

Basically I need a way to safely remove the versions from a .doc file. At the moment the only way I can see to acheive this is to open the .doc, save as .docx, close it, open the .docx and save it back as .doc. Is there a better way?

I’ve just run some tests and it seems modifying a document and saving it will remove Versions (which is what we want). Is this always the case for .doc? Are the previous version completely removed from the binary file?

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The Document.VersionsCount property gets the number of document versions that was stored in the DOC document and Microsoft Word supports versions only for DOC files. This property allows to detect if there were document versions stored in this document before it was opened in Aspose.Words. Aspose.Words provides no other support for document versions. If you save this document using Aspose.Words, the document will be saved without versions.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,