Document Word rendering with Image (Square layout)

Hello,

I’m trying out the .NET API Aspose Word. We want to convert Word Documents to TIFF.
Aspose Word seems to be the perfect tool to do that. With the free trial version, I tried this code

Document docToOpen = new Document("C:\Test_Aspose\Ged_Tests.doc");
Aspose.Words.Saving.ImageOptions configImage1 = new Aspose.Words.Saving.ImageOptions();
configImage1.TiffCompression = Aspose.Words.Saving.TiffCompression.None;
docToOpen.SaveToImage(0, docToOpen.PageCount, "C:\Test_Aspose\output.tif", configImage1);

I attached the used file “Ged_Tests.doc” to this thread. (and the ouput.tif generated)

We have an issue on the first picture rendering :
Indeed when we convert this Word document, the first picture hides the text which should below the picture !
The Image format layout is “Square”. If we change it with “In line with text”, the conversion works well now ! I attached a screenshot with the Image Format layout in Word.

Before buying the API, we would like to make that ASPOSE works well with any kind of Word document.
Is it an issue with the Image Format ? Is it something to do with the Evaluation Version ? Is there any option to convert this document ? Is it an ASPOSE bug ?

Thank you in advance,

Laurent
PACIFICA (France)

I found out this old topic which seems to be quite similar to mine :
https://forum.aspose.com/t/128090

Is this issue still an Aspose limitation ?
What do you advice ? Parse all the Images and change the layout with a compatible one ?
Is there a way to bypass this limitation ?

Thank you in advance.

Laurent

Hello

Thanks for your request. The problem occurs because Aspose.Words still does not support floating images positioning during rendering.
As a workaround, you can try refactoring your document to avoid using floating images. Of course, it would be better to change your document in Ms Word. In this case, you will be able to control how document layout is changed after changing text wrapping of shapes.
You can try doing this programmatically, but in this case layout of your documents can be changed. Please see the following code:

Document doc = new Document("in.doc");
// Get all Shapes
NodeCollection shapesColl = doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Shape, true, false);
foreach (Shape shape in shapesColl)
{
    shape.WrapType = WrapType.Inline;
}

Also, your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is supported.
Best regards,

Hello Andrey,

Thank you very much for your answer.

1. We tried the code you gave as a workaroud, it works well. This limitation is not really disturbing, but before buying Aspose we need to need all these kind of limitations.
    Where could we find the Aspose limitation list (for Office documents) ?
  2. We are very interested in OCR Recognition in Aspose.PDF library (.Net)
    We instaled the trial version to make sure that it works well on our issue.But we have this message :
    “Warning:This is the evaluation version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit. The extraction will just be executed on parts of the pages. Please purchase your license to extract text correctly.Extracted with Aspose.Pdf.Kit Copyright 2002-2009 Aspose Pty Ltd.”
    Only few (5-10) characters are recognised, it’s not enough to try completely your library. Is that possible to get another trial version but with longer recognition ?
    It would be great for us.

Thank you in advance,
I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
Laurent Vaillant
PACIFICA
Tél. 00 33 (0) 1
53 74 33 66

Hello Laurent,

Thanks for your request. Aspose.Words uses our own Rendering Engine to print a document, the same Rendering Engine we use to convert a document to PDF and image. Please see the following link to see the table which provides detail about how Aspose.Words saves document in the PDF format:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/convert-a-document-to-pdf/
You should ask questions regarding Aspose.Pdf.Kit to the appropriate forum:
https://forum.aspose.com/
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5557) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(5)