Documentation for earlier version of ASPOSE.WORDS

where can i find API documentation for aspose.words for java version 2.2.

Thank you.

Hi Binitha,
I think its always better to use the new version of product because they are the most up to dated and stable releases as compare to their predecessors. I can see the offline documentation of Aspose.Words for Java at https://releases.aspose.com/words/java and I think aspose keeps on updating the single version of documentation. Anyways, I think someone from staff members can further share the details over this topic.

my project is not ready to upgrade to latest version yet. we still use java 1.4

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I’m afraid as Moeen has stated, we only keep the latest build of the documentation on hand. If you wanted the documentation to a version only from a while ago then it might have been possible to rebuild it from that point for you. However I’m afraid the version you are using is too old and it would be very difficult to get the documentation from this version again.

Instead if you get confused by the current documentation please feel free to ask any queries directly to us.

Thanks,

Hi
Thanks for your request. Yes, we keep only documentation for the latest version of Aspose.Words. however, offline documentation for each specific version is included into download package. So I attached offline documentation for Aspose.Words for Java 2.2 here.
Best regards,

Thank you for the 2.2 documentation! It helps a lot.

I was trying to use setPreferredWidth method to set column width which was giving me an error. This method does not exit for version 2.2. Now I can program accordingly with this offline documentation. Thanks again.

Hi
It is perfect that the documentation helped. Yes, you are right setPreferredWidth method is not available in 2.2 version. It was introduced in 10.5.0.
Please feel free to ask in case of any issues, we are always glad to help you.
Best regards,