Docx image support

Greetings,
We are evaluating Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf for use at our 5 websites for converting .docx documents to .doc/.rtf and .pdf. The test looks promising.
However, the lack of image support in the conversion is a showstopper for us. Can you give us an estimate for when this feature will be available? If it is not in the near-term we have to look for another product.
Regards,
Lars

Hi
Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words. Could you please attach your document for testing? The latest version of Aspose.Words should support images in DOCX. I will investigate your problem and provide you more information.
Best regards.

Here you go. I made it by inserting a .jpg into an empty document.
And this is the code I use:

Document doc = new Document(this.MapPath("image test.docx"));
doc.Save("image test.doc", SaveFormat.Doc, Aspose.Words.SaveType.OpenInWord, Response);

Thanks for additional information. I reopened this issue (#3927). I think that this problem will be fixed in next release.
Best regards.

And what is the time frame/ probability? I need this information to determine if we should move on to a different product.

I think that next release will be available within 1-2 weeks.
Best regards.

There are two different ways images and shapes can be included in OOXML documents: VML and DrawingML.
The fix that I made earlier was related to VML. VML images and shapes are supported by Aspose.Words in DOCX files.
However, DrawingML is not yet supported. We are still working on DOCX import and that includes supporting DrawingML. There will be no fix in 1-2 weeks for DrawingML, I think full support for DrawingML will come out in March.
The issue is that when we started work on DOCX import, MS Word 2007 was saving OOXML files using VML by default, but now it seems to have switched to using DrawingML, possibly thanks to Windows Update and there are more DOCX documents with DrawingML appearing. We were caught on this because we were not planning on supporting DrawingML that soon.

OK. So the image problem will be solved in March at the earliest.
If I sign up for your newsletter I will be notified of progress on this issue, right?
I am going to talk to the customer and hear exactly when they want the feature.

Hello again. I see that there is a new version out, and I noticed this item on the list of fixes in v. 5.0.0:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net

3927 DOCX Images are lost when importing DOCX
Is this the issue I asked about in this thread? I just downloaded and installed version 5.0.0.1, and the problem is still there.
Any update on this issue would be appreciated…

Hi
Thanks for your request. There are two different ways images and shapes can be included in OOXML documents: VML and DrawingML. VML images and shapes are supported by Aspose.Words in DOCX files. However, DrawingML is not yet supported. We are still working on DOCX import and that includes supporting DrawingML. I think full support for DrawingML will come out in March-April.
Best regards.

I am working with version 5.0.0.0 and also have this problem.
DOC images still work.

We are happy to tell you that we released new version of Aspose.Words. This version supports the full set of DrawingML used by Microsoft Word 2007. You can download new version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net

Best regards.