DOCX to HTML conversion fails in docker container

I am working on DOCX to HTML conversion. I am trying to run my application in the docker container. If I use a transparent image (8 bit compressed) in the document then the conversion fails in the docker container. It works if I run in the host machine (e.g. Windows 10 or Ubuntu).

A sample project is attached.
CompressedImageIssue.zip (8.8 MB)

Note: Use the readme.txt file to run the project in the docker environment.

Please let me know if you need more details.

@gkukko,

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSNET-18732. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue.

@awais.hafeez do you have any update on the issue?

@gkukko,

I am afraid, there is no further update about your issue. The new monthly release of Aspose.Words is about to come out and we are simply too busy in the new release which contains many other important issues. After the new release is published by the end of this week, we may then be able to schedule your issue for detailed investigation. We apologize for any inconvenience.

@gkukko,

We can no longer reproduce the problem with image disappearing. The problem is reproducible on Aspose.Words 19.5, but not reproducible on 19.7 version.

Regarding the original problem you reported, the problem on your side occurs because incorrect native Skia build is used. You use build for Ubuntu, but run the application in Alpine Linux. There is native build for Alpine Linux 3.9 in NuGet.

If you use this build and proper Alpine Linux image, then the conversion should work fine in Docker. We used this image:

mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/core/sdk:2.1-alpine3.9

Here is our Docker file:

FROM mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/core/sdk:2.1-alpine3.9
WORKDIR /app
RUN apk update && apk upgrade \
    && apk add fontconfig
COPY . ./
RUN dotnet publish -c Release -o out
ENTRYPOINT ["dotnet", "out/AsposeIssue.dll"]

Please share your any further feedback with us.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-18732) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.9 update.