DOCX to ODT conversion issue with characters rendering having "Wingdings 2" fonts using Java

Hi Support,
I got a different result for Docx converting to Odt when I use the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 19.7.

There are three objects in 01.docx file. (see [1.jpg] 01.jpg (45.6 KB))
When converted “01.docx” to ODT format (see [2.jpg] 02.jpg (73.3 KB)
Opening the 02.odt file by using LibreOffice 6.2.5.2), the objects are different.

The objects on .Odt file are different from the .docx file.

You can see the different in the picture [3.jpg] 03.jpg (129.3 KB) .

You can try the sample code. ConsoleApp1.zip (4.7 MB)

Please help. Thanks a lot.

@CYHsu

We have opened the shared output in Open Office and have not found the shared issue. Please check the attached image for detail.

@tahir.manzoor,

I open the 02.odt file by using LibreOffice 6.2.5.2.
Please try that again. Thanks a lot.

@CYHsu

We have checked the shared document with LibreOffice 6.2.5.2. and have not found the shared issue. Please check the attached image for detail. Perhaps, you are facing this issue due to missing of fonts.

@tahir.manzoor,
Thanks for the screenshots and checked.
I have checked the en-US language package of LibreOffice 6.2.5.2. The problem is fixed.

But my users wouldn’t install the en-US language package, they would only install the Chinese(traditional) language package in LibreOffice 6.2.5.2. So, the problem still exists, like you see the image 04.jpg (170.0 KB).

I will find some other solution. Thank you.

@CYHsu

Please make sure that Wingdings font is installed at your end.

Could you please open the input Word document in LibreOffice and check the symbols? Please share the screenshot of input document.

@tahir.manzoor,

I open 01.docx by using LibreOffice, and I am sure I have Wingdings 2 font, like the image 05.jpg (165.9 KB) showing.

@CYHsu

We will setup the same LibreOffice at our end and will test this case. We will get back to you soon.

@tahir.manzoor,
Thank you.

@CYHsu

We installed the LibreOffice for Chinese language and have not faced this issue. Could you please check the attached ODT document at your end and share its screenshot? output.zip (3.5 KB)

@tahir.manzoor,
The image 06.jpg (73.7 KB) is at my end.
I know why your end didn’t face this issue because your end have installed en-US language package of LibreOffice. The LibreOffice have memorized the symbols are Wingdings 2 font.

@CYHsu

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-19010. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@CYHsu

Could you please ZIP and attach your expected output ODT document here for our reference? Thanks for your cooperation.

@tahir.manzoor,

My expected output ODT is the same as DOCX, like the above picture [01.jpg].
Here is my expected output ODT. 02-1.zip (17.4 KB)

Please help. Thanks a lot.

@CYHsu

Thanks for sharing the document. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is an update available on this issue.

@CYHsu

Could you please open the attached ODT at your end and let us know if it is your expected output document?
out modified.zip (3.5 KB)

@tahir.manzoor,

Yes, it’s my expected output, like the above picture.2020-03-27_160945.png (61.0 KB)
Thanks for your help.

By the way, the programming language of this issue is VB.net,not java.

@CYHsu

Thanks for your feedback and confirmation of expected output. We will inform inform you via this forum thread once there is an update available on this issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-19010) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.6 update.