DOCX to PDF conversion issue with GroupShape rendering using .NET

I’m seeing two issues saving a word document as a PDF.

1. Word shadow effects applied to transparent images are rendered incorrectly in PDF format. When saved as a DOCX, the shadow follows the shape of the image, with no shadow cast for the transparent portions of the image. When saved PDF, the transparency is ignored and the shadow appears behind the entire “box” of the image.

2. Text positioned over images renders incorrectly in PDF format. When saved as a DOCX the text is positioned correctly. When saved as a PDF, the text is positioned considerably lower and to the right of where it should be.

Thank you!
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please attach the output Pdf file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please share the screenshots of problematic sections of output.
  • Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we'll start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip them and Click 'Reply' button that will bring you to the 'reply page' and there at the bottom you can include any attachments with that post by clicking the 'Add/Update' button.
Tahir,

I'm running into some issues using the attachment system.

I am going to send a link to the file in a direct message.

Thank you for your help!

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 16.2.0 and have noticed that the GroupShape in "TaxDocument.docx" does not render in output Pdf. Please check the attached output Pdf file. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-13351. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.
nramsey:
1. Word shadow effects applied to transparent images are rendered incorrectly in PDF format. When saved as a DOCX, the shadow follows the shape of the image, with no shadow cast for the transparent portions of the image. When saved PDF, the transparency is ignored and the shadow appears behind the entire "box" of the image.

2. Text positioned over images renders incorrectly in PDF format. When saved as a DOCX the text is positioned correctly. When saved as a PDF, the text is positioned considerably lower and to the right of where it should be.
You are facing these issues while using Aspose.Words v16.1.0. We have logged this detail with WORDSNET-13351.
nramsey:
When saved as a DOCX, the shadow follows the shape of the image, with no shadow cast for the transparent portions of the image.
Could you please share some more detail about the issue which you are facing with output Docx? We will then provide you more information on this.
On the 2nd quote, I was trying to describe the desired behavior. Sorry if that wasn't clear!

Thank you for the help!
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your feedback. We will inform you via this forum thread once WORDSNET-13351 is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13351) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thank you! I just updated our application and I can confirm that those issues are no longer present.

A post was split to a new topic: Specify the API used for “Save As” not “Save”