Docx to PDF conversion issue with table overlap using .NET

Hi,

When I create word document with two overlapping tables they are rendered incorrectly in pdf. One of them is placed below first one. I attached word document, resulting pdf and code I used to reproduce the issue.

We are using Aspose Words 10.4, but sample document was rendered using latest evaluation version 10.6.

To create sample file I used MS Word 2007. I set option “Allow overlap” for each table and placed one on another.

Hi Mateusz,

Thanks for your query. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET. I have successfully converted the correct PDF file by using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET. Please find the output PDF file in attachment.

Please let us know, If you have any more queries.

I am sorry for misleading information in first post. Of course I was using latest 11.3 version (I don’t know where did I get this ‘10.6’ version’).

Maybe it didn’t fail for you because evaluation version puts some text into document. I filled this example with some text. Could you try this one?

Hi Mateusz,

Thanks for sharing the document and details. I have managed to reproduce this issue at my end. I have logged this issue in our issue tracking system and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Could you give me an update? What's the status of it, and when we may expect fix?

Thanks

Hi Mateusz,

Thanks for your query. I am afraid this issue WORDSNET-6373 has now been postponed till a later date due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6373) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thanks for your reply. I’ll check out that update.

Unfortunately issue is not solved for me. I executed the same program attached in my first post and updated aspose libraries. The output is slightly different (“Ltd” from “Trial warning” message is displaced) but still table looks bad.

It may be the case that “trial message” breaks layout somehow, but I am not able to verify it as we can’t upgrade Aspose until we know issue is solved (by running trial demo).

I attach output from (Aspose Words 11.9.0.0)

Hi Mateusz,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that in evaluation mode there are some limitations applied. E.g Aspose.Words injects an evaluation watermark at the top of the document. The document’s content are truncated after a certain number of paragraphs during import or export.

To avoid this you can request a free 30-day trial license which removes these evaluation restrictions. You can request this from here:
http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/temporary-license.aspx

I have tested the scenario while using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 13.2.0 and have not found the shared issue. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v13.2.0) from here.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Tahir,

I retested it with temporary license as you suggested. Issue is no longer reproducible. Thank you for your help.

Hi Mateusz,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

Hi.

I'm taking over from Mateusz on this one.

Please find attached a docx file which although the ables do not overlap, the table is getting moved in position in the generated pdf.

Could you please confirm my findings

Thanks in advance

Siobhan

Hi Siobhan,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have converted the shared document to Pdf using Aspose.Words for .NET 14.7.0 and have not found the shared issue. Please use Aspose.Words for .NET 14.7.0. I have attached the output Pdf file with this post for your kind reference.