Does Aspose.Imaging support converting various of image formats to .ps/.tif

Dear all,

I wonder that whether your Aspose.Imaging for Java supports converting various image formats to .ps/.tif?

Additionally, I want to know which of your products can convert MS .ppt to .ps/.tif?

By the way, I have a fax sending application, so the capability of converting various image formats to .ps/.tif is extremely important for me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi kyo,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is to update you that feature to load PS format and convert it to other image formats is not available. A feature request with ID IMAGINGJAVA-667 has been logged into our system. Our product team will further look into it and provide feedback. We will update you with the feedback in this thread.

Furthermore you can convert images to TIFF format using Aspose.Imaging API. Please follow the link for details.

Aspose.Slides APIs can be used for PPT to image conversion. You can find the details on the link Converting Presentation to TIFF. For further details and inquiries about PPTs, you may post on Aspose.Slides support forum.

Dear Ikram ul Haq,

Thank you for your reply. Your answer helps me a lot.

Although your Aspose.Image API do support converting varous image fomats to tiff, I need to specify some extra parameters for the resulting tiff(e.g. resolution/dpi, demension).

I find that when converting an image to tiff, only a ‘TiffOptions’ object can be used to tune the result, and I can not set my desired parameters through the ‘TiffOptions’ object.

I want to create a tif with specified resolution/dpi, it this can be done with your Aspose.Image API?

Thanks.

Hi kyo,

Thank you for writing us back.

You may use the following code snippet to create a TIFF image along with different settings.

CODE:

// Create an instance of TiffOptions with CCITTFAX3 compression
TiffOptions outputSettings = new TiffOptions(TiffExpectedFormat.TiffCcittFax3);

com.aspose.imaging.ResolutionSetting resolution = new com.aspose.imaging.ResolutionSetting(200, 200);
outputSettings.setResolutionSettings(resolution);

// Declare Height and Width for the new TiffImage
final int newWidth = 500;
final int newHeight = 500;

// Create an instance of TiffImage using the object of TiffOptions and
// dimension
TiffImage tiffImage = (TiffImage) Image.create(outputSettings, newWidth, newHeight);

// Save the changes to TiffImage
tiffImage.save();

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
What is more, I wonder that whether your Aspose.Words, Aspose. Pdf for Java support converting all MS office file formats(e.g. .doc/.docx, .ppt/.pptx, .xls/.xlsx, .pdf) to .tiff format and meanwhile, set resolution/dpi for the resulting tiff.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks.

It will be greatly appreciated that if you can demonstrate it with some sample code.

Hi kyo,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is to update you that Aspose products are very much capable of performing conversion tasks as demanded by you. Furthermore you need to post your inquiries on the related support forums where my colleagues from the respective support team will guide you accordingly and will share the code samples where every it is necessary or demanded.

Forum Details:

kyowang:
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
What is more, I wonder that whether your Aspose.Words, Aspose. Pdf for Java support converting all MS office file formats(e.g. .doc/.docx, .ppt/.pptx, .xls/.xlsx, .pdf) to .tiff format and meanwhile, set resolution/dpi for the resulting tiff.

Thanks.
Hi kyo,

Thanks for contacting support.

Adding more to Ikram’s comments, you can use our API’s to perform the conversion of individual file format to TIFF image.

Should you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi,

The link How to Save Document as a Multipage TIFF I had already studied before, however this link is not enough for me. Because I not only need to create a .tif, but also need to set the resolution/dpi and dimesions for the resulting .tif.

I hope you can provide me a sample to illustrate how to do this with Aspose.Words for Java.

Thanks.

Hi Kyo,

Thanks for sharing the details.

When using Aspose.Words for Java, you may try using ImageSaveOptions.Resolution to set the resolution of resultant TIFF image but I am afraid currently Aspose.Words for Java does not provide the capabilities to set horizontal and vertical Resolution. However we already logged this feature request in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-15010. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of correction.

Now concerning to setting Resolution for resultant TIFF when using Aspose.Cells, you need to try using ImageOrPrintOptions.setHorizontalResolution/setVerticalResolution methods. For further details, please visit Render the Worksheet and Workbook to Image using ImageOrPrintOptions.

Should you have any further query, please feel free to contact.
Hi,
I did as the link Render the Worksheet and Workbook to Image using ImageOrPrintOptions told me, but I was failed with an Exception.

When code was runing to sr.toImage(), it threw java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/media/imageio/plugins/tiff/TIFFImageWriterParam.

I wonder that If something else need to be installed, when use Aspose.Cells for Java?

Note that I was using aspose.cells-16.10.0.jar
Please help me out.
Thanks.

Hi Kyo,

Thanks for sharing the details.

As specified on earlier shared links, please note that before performing the conversion of worksheet to a TIFF image, you need to first set/add the JAI library in the class path. Should you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-15010) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.4 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.4 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)