Does Aspose.Slides for Python via .NET Work On macOS?

@podycust,
We tried to reproduce mono_libgdiplus not being available when using Aspose.Slides for Python via .NET 23.7. The problem does not occur. We tested in macOS x86_64 12.6.7, mono_libgdiplus 6.1.1 (6.1.2) environment. Please write what version of macOS you have, and what the brew list mono-libgdiplus command returns.

Regarding support for macOS arm64, we are already at the final stage. We are trying to make macOS arm64 support available in Aspose.Slides for Python via .NET 23.8.

from an intel Mac running that command I get:
/usr/local/Cellar/mono-libgdiplus/6.1_2/lib/libgdiplus.0dylib

/usr/local/Cellar/mono-libgdiplus/6.1_2/lib/pkgconfig/libgdiplus.pc

/usr/local/Cellar/mono-libgdiplus/6.12/lib/(2otherfiles)

its running macOS 12.6.3

@podycust,
Thank you for the details. We are continuing to work on the issue and will get back to you soon.

@podycust,
Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce the problem you described. You can try to reinstall mono-libgdiplus as follows:

brew uninstall mono-libgdiplus
brew install mono-libgdiplus

If the issue persists, we need more information about your environment.

Any updates on arm64 support?

@podycust,
The issue has been blocked by another issue. Unfortunately, I don’t have any additional information yet.

Ok thanks. What’s the other blocking issue?

@podycust,
I’ve requested information from our development team. We will let you know as soon as possible.

@podycust,
We are using the cs2python wrapper tool to create Aspose.Slides for Python via .NET. Currently, cs2python does not support arm64-based macOS.

Ok thanks.

Do you have a link to that tool as I can’t seem to find it?

If it’s open source might be possible to add support for arm64 macOS easily

@podycust,
I am waiting for information from our developers for you. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Any updates?

@podycust,
I’ve requested information from our developers and will inform you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

any updates?? its been months since you said you’ve requested info from developers

@podycust,
The issue is still blocked by another issue. Unfortunately, I don’t have additional information yet. We apologize for any inconvenience.

@podycust,
Please try using Aspose.Slides for Python 23.12.

yes that works on arm64 :slight_smile: tho still have libgdiplus issues tho!

any plans to move away from using the system.drawing namespace on non-windows platforms? as Microsoft no longer support it on newer .net anyway on non-windows platforms
System.Drawing Namespace | Microsoft Learn

@podycust,
I am working on your question and will get back to you soon. Thank you for your patience.

@podycust,

If you have any other problems with Aspose.Slides for Python, please describe them in new forum threads, and we will do our best to help you.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will consider your question according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-44468

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@podycust,
The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESPYNET-49) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Python 24.3 (Windows x86, Windows x64, Linux, macOS x86-x64, macOS ARM64).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page or PyPI.