Does ASPOSE support reading of Barcode from the PDF, tiff, JPEG and word document

I want to know if ASPOSE can read the barcode from the PDF, tiff, JPEG and word document in C# .NET. If so can some one let me know the ASPOSE version and the sample code if available.

@gopala.basa,

Thanks for your query.

Aspose.BarCode for .NET can read bardcode from variety of image formats, e.g JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, GIF, EXIF, etc. See the document for your reference:

However to read barcodes from other file formats (e.g DOC/DOCX, Excel, PDF, etc.), you would also need to use other Aspose APIs (e.g Aspose.Words, Aspose.Cells, Aspose.PDF, etc.) with Aspose.BarCode API. See the following documents/articles with examples on how to read barcodes from different file formats or integrate with other components for your reference:

Hope, this helps a bit.

1 Like

It was great, thanks for the support. It would be great to see some sample code to read the bar codes.

@gopala.basa,

Good to know that the links are useful to you for your needs. In the event of further queries or issue, feel free to write us back, we will be happy to assist you soon.

1 Like

Yes sure, Thanks and I was asking for any code snippets from your end that can support my dev team to quickly adapt would be helpful.

@gopala.basa,

Please note the shared documents (links) have example codes for complete reference.

1 Like

Okay thanks, we have currently licence for 2.2 version, do we need any up gradation of version to achieve these functionality?

@gopala.basa,
Yes, for testing the latest features, you should upgrade the license, otherwise you can use only those product versions which are released before the expiry date of the license.

Aspose barcode reads barcodes only from image formats (on the disk system or in memory).

To read barcodes from PDF/DOC/etc. You can use current steps:

1. Convert document page to image format to the memory stream (the best options is png/bmp format and 300 dpi) with other Aspose products. PDF example.
  2. Recognize the image memory stream with regular Aspose Barcode methods.