Does Aspose Words .Net convert a .docx file to .doc before converting to PDF?

I’m evaluating a copy of Aspose.Total for .Net. We’re testing the PDF conversion and the result is not identical to the document as opened in Word 2016, or 2019 - a line is on a different page in a couple different documents. If I print directly to Microsoft Print to PDF, it looks correct. If I convert to PDF from Aspose.Words, it is off. If I print to Microsoft print to PDF from the document object in Aspose.Words, it is off in the same way that the conversion is. This tells me that there is something different about the Aspose Words document. Now, if I convert it to “.doc” in Aspose words, then convert to PDF, it is still off in the same way, but if I open the “.doc” file that I saved it as before converting it, that document is off in the same way - in other words, the “.doc” file now matches the PDF.

I’m trying to resolve this because we want to replace our interop method of doing this, but the interop method converts the document to PDF correctly. I don’t currently have permission to upload the document in question, and I haven’t been able to create another document that does the same thing (it doesn’t happen too often). But we don’t want to buy an expensive license just to take a step backwards in this feature (we’ve otherwise been impressed with Aspose.Total, but this is a primary function for our software).

@steve.assurx

Could you please ZIP and attach your input, problematic and expected output documents here for testing? We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

I’m attaching the zipped document. The bottom of page 13 is the issue. It seems like a small thing, but all other methods I’ve tried convert it to PDF as it appears in the Word document. This is our document, but our software handles a wide variety of customer documents, for which things like this would be a concern. We want to understand what we might be dealing with.
.V8_Complaints_Management_Solution_PQ_v1_0_Reusable.zip (1.0 MB)

@steve.assurx

We have tested the scenario using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 21.9 and have not found any issue on page 13. So, please use Aspose.Words for .NET 21.9. We have attached the output PDF with this post for your kind reference.
21.9.pdf (1.2 MB)

Thank you for the quick response! Updating from 21.8 to 21.9 did resolve the problem. Thank you, this is very helpful. I must have installed 21.8 right before 21.9 was released. I probably wouldn’t have checked, but just out of curiosity, do you post release notes?

@steve.assurx

Please find the release notes of Aspose.Words for .NET 21.9 from here:

1 Like