We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Does Aspose.Words support double-byte character sets?

I need to know if Aspose.Words can support double-byte character sets for import, print, and save as PDF. I also need to know if it can handle such data for merge as well. It looks like there is some support from various posts, but I can't find a definitive statement on what is and is not supported language wise.

Thanks.

I was just told I need an answer to this by 12:00 PM CDT for an RFP we are sending out. If someone could answer this quickly I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Hi Scott,

Please accept my apologies for late response.

Thanks for your inquiry. You can load the following file formats into Aspose.Words’ DOM (Document Object Model):

Once your file is loaded into Aspose.Words’ DOM, you can easily render it to PDF. You can opens an existing document from a stream. Please read following documentation link for your kind reference.

Moreover, please post your queries in the ‘Enterprise Support’ forum instead of ‘Normal Support’ forum since issues posted in the ‘Enterprise Support’ forum are treated with much priority.

Thank you for your response, however, I need to know if double byte character sets are supported. The load format is for opening different file formats, which can contain any type of character set. I need to know about the character sets. Such as Chinese, Japanese, Italian, etc. Eastern languages can have unicode or double byte character encodings, I need to know if the double byte character encodings are supported.

Thanks.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words tries to mimic the same behavior as MS Word do. Aspose.Words supports multilingual documents. You can manipulate with such document or create them from scratch. You can use Font.setLocaleId method to specify language that will be used by MS Word.

European and western european languages are supported. There are no problems with character sets, but Word documents in these languages can have style names and field names different from English and Aspose.Word allows to handle these.

Regarding the complete support of double-byte character set, I am in communication with the development team and will update you as soon as I have information on this.