Does DOCX to PDF/HTML start another Java process during conversion?

Hi,

During the conversion from DOCX to PDF (or HTML) the Java Icon appears in my dock on OSX; until the process exits. When using the debugger, it is on the conversion to PDF or HTML; not for DOCX.

• doc.save(outFile + “.docx”, SaveFormat.DOCX);
  • doc.save(outFile + “.html”, SaveFormat.HTML);
  • doc.save(outFile + “.pdf”, SaveFormat.PDF);

Q: Any idea what is happening?

• I didn’t see any traces of JNI, but will be running in AWS Beanstalk so need to know.
  • I didn’t see any new Java processes after the icon popped up, so it could be a Mac’ism.

BTW - I’m using Aspose.Words for Java 18.11 and updated the examples to use Java 8.

Cheers,
Erik

MacOSX-Dock.png (12.4 KB)
Aspose-Example-InTableAlternateContent-AboutScreen.png (34.3 KB)

@ewestland,

I am afraid, we are not sure and cannot answer about the Java icons on OSX. Maybe the icons appear when Aspose.Words for Java tries to internally invoke the system property (System.getProperty("os.arch")). This property is needed to determine the local system. Can you please invoke ‘System.getProperty("os.arch")’ on your end and see if it causes the icons to appear?

Regarding JNI, Aspose.Words for Java uses it only on Windows. It is used to load some fonts. So, it can be used for rendering .docx to .html or .pdf. But, only on Windows. Hope, this helps.

Calling System.getProperty("os.arch") didn’t trigger the Java icon to display. Adding “-Djava.awt.headless=true” to the run configuration did keep it from displaying though.

Thanks,
Erik

@ewestland,

It is great that you were able to resolve this issue on your end. Please let us know anytime you have any further queries.