Does group:merge work with horizontal in Smart Markers?

Hi,

Not sure if i missed anything, but in my testing with Smart Markers, seems the group:merge doesn’t work with horizontal parameter:

For example:

&=$Array1(group:merge) - I can see cells with same data are merged in vertical.
but &=$Array1(group:merge,horizontal) - the cells with same data are not merged in horizontal.

Is it a bug or by design?

Thanks

@4engkai,

Thanks for the details.

I have tested the markers but could not reproduce the issue with latest version/fix. Could you provide us sample code (runnable) with template file to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check it soon.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

Please check the attached sample project.
ConsoleApp27.zip (218.8 KB)

You need to restore the Nuget package of Aspose.Cells, I’m using version 18.3.0.0.

The Excel template is named GroupMergeWithHorizontal.xlsx, there is only one cell with Smart Marker:
&=$Array1(horizontal,group:merge)

I have attached a screenshot of the result, which the cells with same value “A” are not merged.

And there is another issue I found, if the cells with smart markers are merged in the template, when the smart markers contains “shift”, the generated rows are not with the same style (border in my sample). Please check the Excel template “ShiftWithMergedCells.xlsx”, and the screenshot of result “Wrong_Result_of_ShiftWithMergedCells.JPG”.

Thanks

@4engkai,

Thanks for the sample project and template files.

After initial test, I am able to reproduce both your mentioned issues using your template files and sample code. I have logged two tickets for your mentioned issues as following:

• CELLSNET-46054 - Using the Smart Markers “&=$Array1(group:merge,horizontal)” - the cells with same data are not merged horizontally
  • CELLSNET-46055 - Using Smart Markers containing “shift” parameter, the generated rows are not rendered with the same style/formatting

We will look into your issues to figure these out soon.

Once we have an update on any of the above issues, we will let you know here.

@4engkai,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-46055”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Regarding your other issue “CELLSNET-46054”, I am afraid, we do not support horizontal grouping data markers at the moment and have not plan to support it in near future.

Thanks! @Amjad_Sahi

@4engkai

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

@shakeel.faiz, thanks for the update. Unfortunately dropbox is blocked in China… I can’t get it to test. Could you please send a copy to my email?

daxian912@163.com

Thanks
Kai

@shakeel.faiz,

An email sent with attachment (latest version/fix) @ your mentioned email id.

Let us know if you still have any issue.

@Amjad_Sahi, CELLSNET-46055 is fixed for me, thanks!

@4engkai

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose APIs.

It is good to know that your issue i.e. CELLSNET-46055 is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46055) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.