Does not match the container class v2

I found it was resolved in 23.8.
But I tried at 23.8 and after versions, it is still not working, I have to revert to 23.1.
Could you help me check again?
error: error: The specified container class of the added folder (IPF.Note) does not match the container class of the parent folder (IPF.Appointment)

Hello @MikeLiu111,

error: The specified container class of the added folder (IPF.Note) does not match the container class of the parent folder (IPF.Appointment)

It looks like you’ve encountered another case that is not related to the previous problem. According to the error message, you are trying to add a subfolder to the “Сalendar” folder that isn’t a calendar container. But this is not allowed.

but when I use the version 23.1, it is allowed, and it is actually possible to have such data.

Hello @MikeLiu111 ,

The behavior in the 23.1 version is incorrect. It was fixed, that’s why it doesn’t work now.

Hello,
This is our actual data, I don’t think it’s incorrect, unfortunately, our customers are now facing failure issues

Hello,

Ok, we will discuss your case with the developers and notify you of the decision ASAP.
Thanks.

Hello,
Do we have any update?
Thanks.

Hello @MikeLiu111,

We will add an option allowing to add a subfolder with a different container class in release 24.2.
However, please note that Outlook will not display IPF.Note folders if you add them to the IPF.Appointment folder.
In any case, you can use the overloaded AddSubFolder method, with the explicitly specified container class parameter.

var pst = PersonalStorage.Create("test.pst", FileFormatVersion.Unicode);
var calendarFolder = pst.CreatePredefinedFolder("Some Calendar", StandardIpmFolder.Appointments);
calendarFolder.AddSubFolder("Calendar Subfolder", "IPF.Appointment");

Hello,
Thanks for replying, we will try with new version.
Thanks again.

@MikeLiu111 ,

Thank you for reporting your case. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!