Double border in pdf table

Hi guys,

I am currently evaluating Aspose.Words product and I am stuck on a small output issue. I can’t create double border for the table cells in PDF. The same code works fine if export to docx. I tried LineStyle.Double and LineStyle.ThinThickThinLargeGap but unsuccessfully. Could you please suggest me the way I can achieve the results I need. Attached are my output and the screenshot of what I am trying to achieve.

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your request. The problem occurs because Aspose.Words does not support rendering of compound lines. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will let you know once it is resolved.
We plan to support this feature before the September release.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,

Thank you for quick response!

September suites us well, we will wait for release.

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,
We investigates this issue more deeply and found that the issue is not so easy to fix as it seemed. So we postponed this issue for now. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,

I know you guys are very reluctant in providing ETA for fixes and I haven’t bothered you half a year but on current stage of our project we really need this information. So could you please let me know at least rough estimates? Month? Year? Never?

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response. Good news for you i.e. this issue has now been planned to be resolved in the next version of Aspose.Words i.e. 10.9.0 and which will be published at the end of this month.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3858) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(10)

Hi Awais,

Please find attached DoubleLine.zip file with both docx and pdf file. You can notice that while docx table has double underline pdf still has single underline.

Am I doing something wrong?

cellBorders.Bottom.LineStyle = LineStyle.Double;

Regards,
Alex

Hi Awais,

Were you able to reproduce the issue on 11.0.0.0?

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Upon converting to PDF with Aspose.Words v11.0.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. Your request has already been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for inconvenience.

Moreover, the problem occurs because currently Aspose.Words does not support rendering compound lines in PDF/XPS formats.

Best Regards,

Hi Awais,

I’ve sorted it all out. The problem is that the default Border.Width is set to 1/2 and with this width it is exported to PDF as a singe line. If the width is changed everything starts to work fine. So I guess you could close the issue.

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your feedback and providing the additional information. We will consider your suggestions which may be helpful in resolving this issue. However, we will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the issue is resolved.

Best Regards,