Downloaded examples cannot be run

Hello there,

I’ve converted the downloaded examples using VS2012 successfully. However, when click on ctrl-F5 or F5, a dos command window open with Press any key to continue. But nothing happen after any key is provided.

Is there any on-line demo?

Thank you,
Ben

Hi Ben,
Are you using Examples Dashboard or you directly downloaded examples? Please also share which examples are you trying to run.
There is no online demo at the moment but you can download and install our Examples Dashboard from https://releases.aspose.com/words/net and run any example in the Dashboard.
Best Regards,

Hello there,

I ran the installed ‘Aspose Examples Dashboard’ first. But after clicking on ‘Run Example’ for ‘Mail Merge and Reporting’ > ‘Mail Merge Data from a Relational Datasource using Nested Mail Merge’ (scr 1.png), encountered error (scr 2.png).

I then goto the example loc.ation (C:\Download\Aspose\Examples\Aspose.Words for .NET\Examples) and clicked on Aspose.Words.Examples.CS.2010.sln. VS2012 did a conversion succesfully (please see scr 3.png). After building successfully, press F5 & ctrl-F5. But nothing happen. Ctrl-F5 displayed a dos command window open with Press any key to continue. But nothing happen after any key is provided. F5 displayed the dos screen but disappear immediately.

Aspose Examples Dashboard - just realized that only ‘Mail Merge using Mustache Template Syntax’ under ‘Mail Merge and Reporting’ is able to run.

Also only Aspose.Word is downloaded.

Hope the above is useful.

Thank you,
Ben

Hi Ben,
Thanks for reporting this. We are working on it, it will be resolved soon and will update you as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best Regards,

Hi Ben,

*Ben:

I then goto the example loc.ation (C:\Download\Aspose\Examples\Aspose.Words for .NET\Examples) and clicked on Aspose.Words.Examples.CS.2010.sln. VS2012 did a conversion succesfully (please see scr 3.png). After building successfully, press F5 & ctrl-F5. But nothing happen. Ctrl-F5 displayed a dos command window open with Press any key to continue. But nothing happen after any key is provided. F5 displayed the dos screen but disappear immediately.*

Regarding this query, you should check the output files in Data directory of any example e.g.

string dataDir = Path.GetFullPath("../../../Data/");

Best Regards,

Hi Ben,
Examples Dashboard needs to be restarted after downloading the examples. Please restart the Dashboard. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.
Best Regards,