Downloading signed email from mailbox and saving as .msg

Hi,

when a signed email is fetched from a mailbox into MailMessage object and saved as .eml or .msg the signature is broken. However, when I check signature in mailmessage object before saving its ok.

When I save email from mailbox directly into eml file by using SaveMessage method the signature is ok. But then I need to convert it to msg:

Public Function ConvertEmlToMsg(ByVal path As String) As String
ConvertEmlToMsg = System.IO.Path.ChangeExtension(path, “msg”)
Dim lo As New Aspose.Email.Mail.MailMessageLoadOptions()
lo.MessageFormat = Aspose.Email.Mail.MessageFormat.Eml
lo.FileCompatibilityMode = Aspose.Email.Mail.FileCompatibilityMode.None
Dim mail As Aspose.Email.Mail.MailMessage = Aspose.Email.Mail.MailMessage.Load(path, lo)
Dim convSet As New Aspose.Email.Outlook.MapiConversionOptions()
convSet.PreserveSignature = True
convSet.PreserveOriginalDates = True
convSet.Format = Aspose.Email.Outlook.OutlookMessageFormat.Unicode
Dim mapi As Aspose.Email.Outlook.MapiMessage = Aspose.Email.Outlook.MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(mail, convSet)
mapi.Save(ConvertEmlToMsg)
End Function

and the signature goes wrong. I tried more combinations of load and conversion settings always with PreserveSignature set true and notghing helped. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Hi PilsCom,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Could you please share which Aspose.Email’s service are you using for fetching the message from Mailbox? Please provide us with such a sample file that we can upload to our server and download then for investigating the issue further at our end. We’ll look into it as soon as possible and assist you accordingly.

It’s IMAP and POP3 client. I’ve been able to solve the way when I fetch to MailMessage and then save as Eml with
PreserveSignedContent set to True in EmlSaveOption. But still no luck with preserving signature when converting to msg.

Hi PilsCom,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us.

I was able to reproduce this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 4.8.0 and have logged it as NETWORKNET-34592 in our issue tracking system for further investigation by our development team. Once there is any information available in this regard, I’ll update you here via this thread.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused to you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-34592) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.