Downloading the newest version of ASPOSE.NET TOTAL gives me an error

Part way through running the installation package, I get the error:

"Warning 2909. Could not create Shortcut End User LIcense Agreement.lnk. verify that the destination folder exists and that you can access it."

I already have a version of ASPOSE.NET Total installed from June, and I am trying to update/upgrade it to the latest version.

Thanks!

Dear Edward,

Could you run
msiexec.exe /l* log.txt /i Aspose.Total.msi
and send us resulting log.txt file that is generated after you try installing it?

See attached file.

Any update? I can’t do any work.

Hi,

Based on your log, "MSI (c) (78:94) [17:44:34:890]: Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Aspose.Total for .NET. Product Version: 1.0.0.0. Product Language: 1033. Reconfiguration success or error status: 0."

Are you sure there is anything missing?

Please try installing the product as from log it looks like you tried to 'repair'.

I'm removing everything and trying again.

Is there a reason why I can't see ASPOSE.Word in the list?

So it looks like the installation completes, but the dlls are not registered. Also, as I mentioned in my previous post, ASPOSE.Word seems to be missing.

Attached is the latest log.txt file. I removed the previous version of ASPOSE.TOTAL from add/remove programs and ran a straight install. I still got the same error.

thanks

Sam

Hi,

As far as Aspose.Words is concerned - we have noticed the issue and will fix it shortly. Please elaborate on ‘dlls are not registered’ as based on log file, installation has completed successfully.

Could you possibly attach a screenshot with problem description?

Hi,

on closer inspection, it looks as though it has completed partially successfully. I can reference the DLL's from my project now, but it is just a little weird how it shows the error and then appears to roll back the installation.

ASPOSE.WORDS was still not installed and appears to not be part of this installation.

thanks

Any update on this? I really need a setup download with the aspose word objects in it.

thanks

baintsg.

Hi Edward,

Thanks for your inquiry.

You can install Aspose.Words separately for now by downloading the installer from here.

Our apologises for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Hi,

The installer has been fixed, you may now download Aspose.Total that contains Aspose.Words for .NET