Drag and Drop Text from PDF

Hi, we are currently displaying PDF files within a test webpage and would like to allow the user to highlight any text in the document and be able to drag and drop the text selection (a word, a line, a paragraph, etc) into a field which we provide outside the PDF viewer region.

There is only one big issue here: PDF does not allow the user to drag the text out of the preview pane i.e. the mouse cursor always remains as I and never changes to a mouse pointer (which would allow dragging whatever text selection is made).

Can ASPose PDF viewing functionality allow users to select text and drag it outside the document?

Please note you will be able to replicate this with any commercial PDF product i.e. select some text and then try to drag and drop it away from the document into another text area (such as notepad).

Thank You.

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback. Please note Aspose.Pdf library is a class library it does not provide any GUI feature. However you may check GroupDocs online document viewer, a product of our sister concern. It will help you to extract text visually.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,