Dropdown list - cut/paste not working and no free-form entry

I was testing out the trial version of Aspose Cells .NET, exploring the capabilities of GridWeb, and there are two limitations I came across.

I noticed that the dropdown list does not support free form entry, as well as list selection. And it does not support cut and paste. When I attempt to select a row from Excel to paste it into the GridWeb worksheet, all rows that are not dropdown lists take the values as expected.

Is this a limitation of the GridWeb control, or is there a way to configure it to allow the behaviours mentioned above?

Hi,

Do you use Data Validation in GridWeb? Well, GridWeb does support FreeList data validation type, you may use it if it fits your need, see the demo for your reference:

Sample code:
 cell.CreateValidation(ValidationType.FreeList, true);
      cell.Validation.ValueList.Add("US");
      cell.Validation.ValueList.Add("Britain");
      cell.Validation.ValueList.Add("France");

Do you have some drop downs control pasted in the Excel sheet in MS Excel and you want to copy/cut a row/range of cells in the Excel sheet to paste it into the GridWeb, could you confirm? Well, currently GridWeb does not support to copy/paste controls from Excel to GridWeb.

Thank you.

Excellent! Free list is perfect for what I need and it supports the copy/paste functionality as well. Thanks for your help!