Dual format MS PowerPoint 97-2002 and 95 is not supported yet

Hi

I am using Aspose.slides.dll(version- 2.7.3.0) in my visual studio 2005 application(asp.net), I am

getting the exception when we open a new presentation with filestream-

FileStream fs = new FileStream(pptPath, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);

Presentation MyPres = new Presentation(fs);

The exception is as follows:-

" Dual format MS PowerPoint 97-2002 and 95 is not supported yet"

I have attached my sample ppt which i am using in my application.

Please let me know, how to solve this problem.

A lot of thanks in advance.

Thanks

Rupesh

Dear Rupesh,

It seems, your presentation is in old format, open it in MS-PowerPoint and save it back with different name or save it back in PowerPoint 2003 format and then try.

Hi

I am already creating this ppt in PowerPoint 2003 format and then save as "powerpoint 97-2003 & 95 presentation(*.ppt)",so is anything wrong in this?

The format of my PPT is "powerpoint 97-2003 & 95 presentation(*.ppt)" , and as you know this is mostly commonly used format, and i am working on web appliaction and can't restrict the user for a fixed number of format.

Again i am sending my issues:-

Code-

FileStream fs = new FileStream(pptPath, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);

Presentation MyPres = new Presentation(fs);

Error-

PPT of format "powerpoint 97-2003 & 95 presentation(*.ppt)" throws the exception - Dual format MS PowerPoint 97-2002 and 95 is not supported yet

PPT of format "powerpoint 95(*.ppt)" throws the exception - unsupported MS PowerPoint 95 presentation format.

If any new version can handle this problem then please inform me in details otherwise any solution.

So please guide me as soon as possible.

Actually, Aspose.Slides does not support older formats, so you need to save it in PP 2003 format. I saved it and it worked fine.