Duplicate pdf pages

Hi,

I am evaluating Aspose.CAD to convert a DXF file to PDF. The conversion in my test succeeds, but the output pdf contains three pages: the first one is empty (except from the evaluation message and a vertical line crossing the page from top to bottom), the second one contains my DXF drawing, and the third one is a duplicate of the second page.

Am I correct if I assume that the first page is added only because I am using an evaluation version?

But why is my DXF drawing exported twice to two different pages?

Thanks.

Regards,
Carlos
Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We need sample input file and the code snippet to reproduce the issue. Please forward us the sample input file along with code snippet that you used at your end. We will investigate the issue and update you about our findings via this forum thread.

Hi Ikram,

Thank you for your reply. I am attaching a test DXF file that I have created that produces the strange behavior that I have noticed (and the code we used to generate the PDF):

1. Part of the DXF drawing is duplicated on the second page of the PDF.
2. The text “CHECK” disappears from the resulting PDF.
3. The text “RELEASE STATUS” is printed with a leading “” that you will see is not shown in the DXF file.

I hope this is useful and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for sharing samples.

This is to update you that we have investigated the issue at our end. Initial investigation shows that the missing text in the resultant PDF issue persists. The issue has been logged into our system with ID CADNET-272. Our product team will further look into it and provide feedback.

Furthermore the resultant PDF contains only two pages because the source DXF file has a model and layout1 layouts. Output PDF file is attached for your reference.

Hi Ikram,

Thank you for having a look at the files. I have indeed managed to fix the duplication of the DXF content by setting the Layouts property of the CadRasterizationOptions. I guess that’s the right way to do it, am I correct?

Did you also have a chance to look why a leading “” was added to the RELEASE STATUS text. As you can see, it is not included in the DXF, but it is in the PDF.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Carlos
Hi Carlos,

Thank you for writing us back.

Setting Layouts property of the CadRasterizationOptions will define how many and which one of layout(s) will be exported. Line of code is given below for demonstration of setting Layouts property. In case Layouts property is not set, API will try to export all layouts.

Furthermore we have noticed the leading "\". Our product team has found a bug while processing the MTEXT entity. The leading "\" will be taken care while fixing the issue.

CODE:
//Specify a list of layout names
rasterizationOptions.Layouts = new string[] { "Model" };

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.