Duration from MS project as string

Hi,
let’s say, I have a duration of a task in MSProject: 10ewks. Can this be exported as string?

The same goes for predecessors/succesors. I have i.e.: 10FF+15days, 7FS+3emonths, …
And I really need to show this in a read-only report, so parsing from type/lag is really very painfull. No to mention that 1month for example is not always the same value, you have to have a calendar set, etc. And all I need is a string, which already exists in msproject.

So is there some kind of workarround to just get durations and predecessors/successors as a whole string?

Regards,
Janez

Hi Janez,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

I have checked all the available documentation but could not find any option in Aspose.Tasks to retrieve this information as string.

I also tried by creating a new project file using Microsoft Project (MSP) 2010 with few tasks having eday as duration and also eday used in predecessors info as well. This file is saved as XML using MSP and opened in editor. It is observed that even MSP does not maintain this string and information is resolved to normal date time string. As Aspose.Tasks resembles to the behavior of MSP, so I am afraid to share that this requirement cannot be achieved using Aspose.Tasks as well.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Tasks.