DWG to PDF - special characters are wrongly exported

I’m using Aspose.CAD 21.8 for Java, and here is the code used to export a DWG to a PDF, but there are some special characters which are not rightly exported (they are encoded as numbers rather than symbols).

The png show differences beetween DWG and generated PDF. The zip contains used code.

Is there a way to export these symbols in the PDF ?

pb_AsposeCAD.zip (839.6 KB)
errors_153941.png (46.3 KB)

@gbe

I have created an issue with ID CADNET-8401 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

OK, thanks Denis.

Hello,

Any news about the issue CADNET-8401 ?

Regards

@gbe
to support missing elements we need to support .shx format which is not implemented on our code base. It might take 2-3 months

Hello Denis,

I’m trying to get some news about this issue… is there a release date for a patch ?

Regards

@gbe,
Hello. We hope to deliever Aspose.CAD for .Net 22.2 with this feature within a week, and corresponsing Aspose.CAD for Java release is planned for the middle of March.

Thanks Oleksii for update.

any update?..

@victorlzx,
we are still in progress with release preparations, now the estimated time is the end of next week.

@gbe, @victorlzx,
we have improved work with SHX in Aspose.CAD for Java 22.2, update is available here. For now you may set path to the shx fonts in this way:

cadRasterizationOptions.setShxFonts( new String[] {
“path\To\romans.shx”,
“path\To\MEDUSTXT.SHX”,
“path\To\txt.shx”,
“path\To\romanc.shx”,
});

what if we have hundreds of shx fonts need to transfer? set them all in this way?

@victorlzx,
for now it is possible to put fonts in folder, grab all file names from it with code as array and pass to cadRasterizationOptions.setShxFonts. We will implement setting up of path to folder with fonts instead of path to separate fonts.

cadconverter.zip (9.9 MB)
my problem still not resolved.
why txt.shx and simplex.shx can’t be set ?
the zip attchment is my code(lib removed cause too big to upload).
1651141907(1).png (117.6 KB)

1651142537(1).png (128.5 KB)

image.png (149.4 KB)

@victorlzx,
the style you are showing in “1651141907(1).png” uses not “simplex.shx” but special big shx font “gbcbig.shx”. There is no support fot it yet in 22.2. Partial support of big fonts is added in 22.3 version, support of “gbcbig.shx” is added in 22.4. We are going to test different fonts, because some of them have specific we should take into account during processing.

so when 22.4 is planned to realse?
i have some fonts you may use for test. see attachment.Fonts.zip (8.1 MB)

@victorlzx,
estimated time for Aspose.CAD for Java 22.4 is the end of June.