DWG to vector for rendering to an external GUI renderer

Hallo,

I was wondering if it is possible to use the CAD API to get vectorized data back. I can see that you already do this when I convert a DWG file to PDF, but what I need is to be able to iterate to all drawable objects get their coordinates and draw them on my own renderer. Is this supported?

Thank you

@gehatg

Can you please share your requirements in form of sample along with source file so that we may further investigate to help you out.

Hallo,

The requirement is fully explained here:https://forum.groupdocs.com/t/create-a-custom-viewerhandler/7159

Thank you

@gehatg,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that Aspose.CAD does support accessing the DWG files and accessing the layers and entities inside them. However, it does not support saving DWG file but allow only following:

There is no such option available in API to individually access each item and get their drawable objects and pass on to any custom view controller as this is not in mandate of API.

why not support resave to dwg file?

@sendreams,

I like to inform that we can not resave dwg right now because saving to dwg is pretty complex task, file format is not open, we can only guess in a lot of places, what to write and how to write. We are working on this and feature will be available soon.

very nice, waiting for it.

aspose can read the dwg file, i think aspose has already knowing the dwg format, i can not understand why should guess in writing? tks

@sendreams,

At present API only supports loading DWG files and their rendering to PDF or images. We will share good news with you as soon as support will be available.

hi, is aspose.cad supporting save to dwg file now?

@sendreams,

I regret to share that at present the support for saving CAD files is unavailable in API. We will share the updates as soon as the support will be included in API.