Dynamic Form Field Creation

Are there plans to allow for the dynamic creation of form fields?

I see there was a post regarding converting word fields to pdf fields. Is that in the works?

We currently use your Cells (Excel) and are looking to license both Words and PDF Kit, but we have a need to do this dynamic formfield creation.

Thanks

Mitch Stephens

mitch.stephens@jginfo.com

JGI

Thanks for considering Aspose

1. It will take about one month to implement converting word fields to pdf fields, because of some tech issues that Aspose.Word team is now figuring out .
  2. Aspose.Pdf supports to create FormField dynamically, plz refer to Class Field | Aspose.PDF for .NET API Reference for further details.
  3. Currently we don’t have such support for dynamic creation of Formfield in Aspose.Pdf.Kit, maybe we should take it into account in future development plan.

Thx for considering Apsose!

Would you please describe your requirement detailedly? If possible, we will develop it preferentially.

Best regards.

I am a program manager for Merrill Lynch, and we recently purchased Aspose Word.

I am interested in the ability to add a button to an already We can currently use the fileMend feature to draw the image into the document, but we want to have the ability to remove that image if we desire. One way I can think of to do this is to add a button to an already existing PDF document. Then set an image on that button.

We need to be able to do this

I am a program manager for Merrill Lynch, and we recently purchased Aspose Word.

I am interested in the ability to add a button to an already We can currently use the fileMend feature to draw the image into the document, but we want to have the ability to remove that image if we desire. One way I can think of to do this is to add a button to an already existing PDF document. Then set an image on that button.

Would this be possible for a future release

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I think your requirement is very pratical for all our customers. We will take this into acount of future development plan.

Dear Stephens,

Can I show what I learned about your requirements like this:

1. Add a image to the existing pdf through adding a button(this feature is provided). Form.FillImageField | Aspose.PDF for .NET API Reference
  2. Remove the image from the existing pdf through removing the button (this new feature can be provided soon).

Is that right about my understanding?

Wait for your answer.

Best regards.

Dear csgrasso,

As what ken has replied, Kit can paste an image to an existing button field. But the function of add/delete a button field into PDF template will be availabe in the next version before this weekend. BTW, would you mind if the API need the exact coordinates (llx, lly, urx, ury) as parameter? We will very appreciate your advice.

Best regards.

Thanks for the quick response.

I would imagine the only way you could do it is to pass in the coordinates and some Field.TYPE (I.E. BUTTON)

Dear Stephens,

Thanks for your answer.

We will design the interface and hope to implement this feature in one week.

Best regards.

We would also like to see a way to create form fields from the
Aspose.Pdf.Kit component. The Form class has GetField(),
MoveField() and FillField() methods but no CreateField() method.

I think a CopyField() method and a CopyFieldGroup() method would also
be extremely useful. Let’s say I create 5 fields that I can
select as a group. If I want to copy those 5 fields X times, I’d
need a convenient method for doing so.

Thanks,

Natan

Dear Natan,

We DO appreciate your instructive advice very much. It is coincident that we have seriously considered all the interfaces you mentioned above. In fact, CreateField() and CopyField() have been implemented, while CopyFieldGroup() is under developing. They will be all published in the next version soon (but not the same names :).

Any other suggestion is sincerely welcomed!

Best regards.

This is great news. Do you have a time frame for when this will be released?

Thanks

Dear csgrasso,

Thanks for considering Kit!

CreateField() and CopyField() can be surely released in the new version Kit 2.1 within this month. After a week, CopyFieldGroup() will be also released.

Best regards.