Dynamic Formula to sum table column

Hi,

1/ How can I use a dynamic formula to provide the total of a column in a table when I don’t know in advance how many rows it will contain?

2/ How come I can’t use “&=&=rand()” as a dynamic formula? (Its gives the error “The Value expression for the textrun ‘D01Test_5_6.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]’ contains an error: [BC30451] Name ‘rand’ is not declared.”).

Cheers,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

1. If you want to get the total of a column in a table , you may set a cell of sum in footer row.

2. Dynamic formula is like this &=&=D{r}*S{r}. There must be a flag for {r} in your dynamic formula.

Please reference Sales Order Detail 2008.rdl (attached) which is found in ${Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services}\Demos\ReportTemplate folder.

Your example of a dynamic formula appears to be summing two columns within the same row. I’m wanting a dynamic forumla to sum a given column over all the rows created. Can you assist please?

Hi,

1/ So are you saying its not possible to use a dynamic formula to sum a column? This is also a requirement for us so that the end user can manually edit data in the final report and the totals always add up.

2/ Are you saying that the dynamic formula won’t allow you to use regular Excel formulas? That would be a pretty handy feature, and I wouldn’t expect it would be too difficult your end - if there is no row reference just keep the contents.

Cheers,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We have logged your issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and update you. Please spare us some time. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as SSRS-40147.

OK thanks, but can you clarify, are both items I asked about not current possible?

Hi Dale,

We have found the issues and we will fix it. We think, dynamic formula cannot solve the issues. We will fix the Sum formula for the issues.

Once, we will have a fix for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

We have fixed the Sum formula feature . Please try installing the fixed version : Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.9.0.60 (attached).

We have attached the testsum.rdl file. Please refer to it.

Please let us know run result.

I didn’t actually know there was a bug, can you please explain how I setup a dynamic sum formula to work over a column.

Thanks,

Hi ,

First, dynamic formula does not support sum formula to work over a column. But you can use Excel SUM formula to work over a column.

It only supported Excel SUM to column in table which must have group and footer before version 1.9.0.60.

Now it can support Excel SUM to column in table which has footer and detail.

Please reference the posted report define file(TestSum.rdl). There are table report items in report define file.

Secondly, the version has fixed other issues for SSRS-40144 (Configuring Report Servers to store/cache the report server data.)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SSRS-40147) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.